HELP! How to keep working out part of my routine!

Options
So basically, my workout usually is 45 mins of dance and 20 mins of weights. Whenever I dance, I feel like a different person and I love doing it! But I don't know why I dont do it often. I usually do it like 2x a week and I know I should be doing it more, but Idk if I just dont have the motivation, or maybe I'm tired? Idk! I just want some advice on keeping it part of my routine!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Just do it. Next week workout out three times instead of two, the week after do it four times. Try new things.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I don't know. Just do it. Next week workout out three times instead of two, the week after do it four times. Try new things.

Yep
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Pick a studio that is extremely close to where you live, work or study. I mean like it should take less than 8 minutes to walk or drive there from the place you're at just before the time you want to dance.
  • arditarose
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Pick a studio that is extremely close to where you live, work or study. I mean like it should take less than 8 minutes to walk or drive there.

I completely agree with this. My gym is like 6 blocks away. If it were any farther I'd be way less motivated to go.
  • helen_horan
    Options
    Pick a studio that is extremely close to where you live, work or study. I mean like it should take less than 8 minutes to walk or drive there.
    Oh I do just dance at home lol but I do the upbeat songs so the dances are more intense
  • tomatoey
    Options

I completely agree with this. My gym is like 6 blocks away. If it were any farther I'd be way less motivated to go.

Same - takes me 7 minutes to walk to my (24-hr) gym from home. I have no excuses.

Going to the one that was 15 minutes' drive away involved a lot more self-talk to get me to leave home, lol, and there were tons of days I just didn't go.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

Yup. We have "spring break" next week (ikr? In Feb. 'Reading Week') and I work out on campus. I also commute. Bus takes 1+hr to get there LOL. I plan on going in in the mornings with my mom since she works there and bringing all my homework/notes and working out that way. Otherwise I know I won't go at all.
  • arditarose
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

Yup. We have "spring break" next week (ikr? In Feb. 'Reading Week') and I work out on campus. I also commute. Bus takes 1+hr to get there LOL. I plan on going in in the mornings with my mom since she works there and bringing all my homework/notes and working out that way. Otherwise I know I won't go at all.

Nice, and you'll get work done.

• ana3067
    Options

Nice, and you'll get work done.

I hope. I'm totally doing work now too, always work...........
  • tomatoey
    Options
    Oh I do just dance at home lol but I do the upbeat songs so the dances are more intense

Lol, ok. So then you have the problem of not having a differentiated space for working out, and motivating yourself to stop (whatever) and start dancing?

Maybe try this: dance to a show on the radio (because it's real-time, unlike a podcast) that has really good music that you know will get you dancing. (A lot of those shows, like the ones you might find on your local college radio station, are later in the day/evening.)
  • ccjlgrider
    ccjlgrider Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Try Refit Revolution. Look them up on YouTube. I do an hour playlist of their dances on YouTube everyday. Maybe it would help to feel like you were with real people than the animated people on Just Dance.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Judging by your other thread you are simply not eating adequately to fuel this type of workout. Get that help you said you would, eat appropriately and you will have energy and desire to do things like dance for the sheer fun of it
  • ana3067
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Judging by your other thread you are simply not eating adequately to fuel this type of workout. Get that help you said you would, eat appropriately and you will have energy and desire to do things like dance for the sheer fun of it

Did her other thread get deleted?
  • arditarose
    Options

The one we were just posting on about feeling gross when eating?
  • arditarose
    Options
    Oh I think it did.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    lack of energy can be related to lack of calories.
  • ana3067
    Options

The one we were just posting on about feeling gross when eating?

yup that one. Guess it got reported. I don't think OP really took themessage to heart though :/
  • LewisAMartinez
    LewisAMartinez Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wonder if you could plan on entering a dance contest or something like that several months down the road. Having a goal in mind can keep a person motivated.
  • helen_horan
    Options
    Just saying I didnt report the post bc i was taking you guys' advice xx