diabetic here looking to keep track of carbs and loose a few lbs along the way

Options
I have type 2 diabetes insilin dependant - keeping track of food intake has become important - by doing so I have already started loosing some weight and would like to use this app and the support groups to continue...

Replies

• casiparmer
    casiparmer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a history of diabetes in my family and have recently reached a weight that is considered dangerous for my health. I am going after the same goal as you are. I am using the fitness app to control carb intake and monitor my fat and sodium intake. It isn't easy,especially when I get the ketosis headaches.
  • martynharrison1
    martynharrison1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    T2 diabetic that's controlled by tablets . Been diabetic for 6 years and struggled to control my sugars until 2 yrs ago . I have found this app really helpful and educational . Feel free to add me .
  • ms_sapphire_76
    ms_sapphire_76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I'm only 3 days into the app but really excited about it - already I am seeing that maybe I should watch that extra table spoon of ranch and definitely stay away from fast food lol I have been diabetic since the birth of my last son 6 yrs ago using pills then about 6 mo ago my a1c suddenly shot up - I hadn't really changed anything my Dr said my pancreas probably just stopped producing insilin - so here I am on insilin and doing fine actually - but I am trying to keep my numbers down - I am finding the app very helpful
  • MiggyAZ
    MiggyAZ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just recently had a diagnosis of Type 2, learning how to eat low carb. I just joined this group and anxious to learn more! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1772-type-2-diabetes-support-group