I will never ever going to lose weight!

Options
Hi everyone, sorry but it will be a bit long.

I think I should just accept this as a fact.

1. Stats: Height: 165cm SW: 62 kg CW: 59 kg GW: 55kg Waist: 70cm Hips: 98cm Goal Waist: 60cm
2. I log consistently but do not use a scale. I generally eyeball my calories as my mum cooks my meals for me and she would never use scales.
3. I am eating 1200-1300 cal on weekdays and 1500-1700 cal on weekends.
4. I am doing Zumba for an hour 2 days a week. It's so fun :)
My main problem is my mind.
I do very well on weekdays. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks all within my calorie range. The problem starts when I get home. I open the cabinet and start eating chocolate thinking i deserve this because i did sooo well until now. Then I wake up the next morning furious at myself thinking why do i deserve chocolate am I a dog?
Then comes the weekends and fast food and alcohol. I cannot wait for the weekend as if it comes once a year :/
So for the last 3 months I have been losing and gaining back the same 2 kg. Everyone around me says I look beautiful and I have enormous support from them and I keep thinking if I look beautiful why do I keep pushing myself. But then I look at my belly when I sit and I feel really unhappy.
I think I should just stop feeling miserable and learn to live with how i look and see myself from the eyes of my beloved friends and family.

Replies

• erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am the same height and your start weight is where I am now after losing 30lbs, same goal weight! I'm in a sort of similar situation with the food as I've already lost that weight a year ago I think I can get away with eating the bad stuff, as I'm happy with my body but I know it could be so much better. For the past year I've just been up and down the same 4lbs. Maybe try and split up into short term goals like 30 days or something with 2 days off, I'm on a 90 day plan until my birthday and it makes everything seem a lot more achievable. You just have to try and focus your mind, it isn't easy but remind yourself why you are doing it, set up a plan or a calender to record good days and you will be more inclined to not have any bad days in it. I put a smiley face everytime its good :) good luck!
  • carrazo
    carrazo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey - you seem like you're quite tall (compared to me anyway haha) and I think you might be just having a little attack of the lack of self-confidence. You look like a beautiful girl, but no amount of hearing that makes a difference when you don't feel good in yourself. I can't offer any pearls of wisdom as I've suffered from the same issues as you and repeat those cycles - what I will say is that last week I made a conscious decision that I need to do all I can to make myself feel better - take a break from alcohol for a couple months, get loads of sleep - eat great foods EVEN at the weekend - I love a steak, so i'll grill one up, loads of nutritious veggies and and I can tell you I'm not missing the junk food (well maybe just the crisps - I'm kind of addicted) and when I do feel like a drink, a low cal gin or coors light will do... I'm feeling better in myself already - give it a try :) I'm sure you have nothing to worry about anyway!
  • slovie64
    slovie64 Posts: 55 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's tough when you feel like you're not making progress. That's when you have to take a hard (and honest) look at what you are eating and how much exercise you are getting and make some adjustments.

I have found for me, if my mind is not in the right place, I can't stick to a diet no matter what. It's like when I quit smoking 5 years ago, something in my brain finally clicked and I had the motivation to quit. It's the same with dieting. You have to WANT IT - then the bad foods don't seem so tempting.

I spent the whole night last night not opening a bag of peanut M&Ms that my stupid husband brought home. Instead I had a few raisins and went to bed. I consider it a victory.
  • ceren23
    ceren23 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @erialcelyob‌ @carazzo @slovie64‌ Wow thank you guys for all your motivating words. You are all too sweet :blush::smiley:
  • cuzz09
    Options
    Try getting in some compound weight training to mix things up. Will help quicken your metabolism
  • sheena5455
    sheena5455 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think the important thing is to mix it up so your body doesn't get used to the type of pressure you're putting on it and you'll also keep your mind from getting bored. I have been on a weight roller coaster for years which is really bad for anyone. In four weeks I have learned what I said before to mix it up. I will wake up have coffee then make my plans (food and exercise) I have only really lost 3 pounds in a month! BOOOOO!! But even my coworkers have noticed and they don't usually notice anything lol so that's a great boost of confidence for anyone, I think. So now I am working hard to make more heads turn :) you will too! Good luck!
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You're just a little shorter than me and weigh less than I did when I was a slim teenager dancing and doing martial arts every day. Maybe it's not weight you need to lose, but body fat %. Look at some of the weight lifting forums. There's loads of info on changing body composition and some ladies with rocking bodies from doing it!
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    If you believe you will never lose weight, then you won't. Thinking that way means you gave up already.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You aren't in a deficit.
    Start using a food scale, it makes all the difference in the world.
  • Just115Pounds
    Just115Pounds Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not with that attitude you won't!
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You aren't in a deficit.
    Start using a food scale, it makes all the difference in the world.
    ^^^^^^ THIS!! What's the point logging if you are not weighing.
  • Elle562018
    Elle562018 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal weight a year ago. Then I stop counting calories & exercise for a year. I gained all back the weight I lost and gained more. I'm back again eating healthy and exercising. Lessons I learned were I have to count calories forever, weigh your food (I'm not very good in eyeballing), exercise and drink lots of water.