maintaining my weight

Options
Hello. I would like to join the group. :)

Replies

• tloubkelley
    tloubkelley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Glad to see other peeps maintaining to.i need more mfp keeping their weight off.accept me! Good luck
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    keep it up just keep logging, and moving.
  • brendahughes37679
    brendahughes37679 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    how do you guys maintain? i seem to lose and gain it all back...
  • Buu_kz
    Buu_kz Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I lost over 200 pounds and I kept my weight off for over 6 years and I have put some back on now but I havnt let it get out of control. Basically you can never lose sight of how many calories you have I count calories like a champ and I keep my exercise routine fresh and routine. You can definitely have your cheat meals and still maintain its more about your every day routine that matters the most.
  • mddl
    mddl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 121 pounds and 5 1 and 40 years old. My calorie intake is 1440. But my weight goes up 2 pounds then comes down. Don't understand? Please help, o yea and don't go to gym due to limited. Work in an office.
  • wipeout1
    wipeout1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When you have such a huge loss like the person that loss 200 lbs do you worry about the excess skin or does going to the gym help with pulling the skin back. I am worried that once I lose the weight I will have a bag of skin where my huge stomach was.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    MDDL: Everyone's weight varies every day because of water and food in the process of digestion. You'll even lose weight from when you go to bed to when you wake up from breathing out moisture! That's why a lot of people in maintenance talk about a weight 'range' where they expect their weight to be in a window of usually 2-5 pounds. Variations within that range are 'stable' or maintaining.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining several years after losing 40 pounds on MFP. It's not rocket science, it just requires you to be really persistent in your good habits. The hardest thing for me about maintenance is that if you mess up and overeat for a bit, you won't just stop losing, like you did when you were on a deficit, you'll gain. That's why monitoring your weight with either a scale or a tape measure or your clothes is really important. Personally I still log everything. Often, at this point, it keeps me from eating too little instead of too much. In other words, it gives me permission to eat when I'm hungry because I can see that there's a reason for me to be hungry! It's not just habit.

The other problem a lot of people have in maintaining is that it's just boring. No new worlds to conquer or low weights to see. So you have to see maintaining as a triumph - it is, a lot of people can't do it. Remember, your goal was never to lose weight, it was to SAY THIN. That's where you are now, accomplishing that goal. And lots and lots of other people set new goals for fitness, like exercising. Even after I stopped losing weight, I lost inches for over a year as I got stronger.
    -
  • mddl
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    MDDL: Everyone's weight varies every day because of water and food in the process of digestion. You'll even lose weight from when you go to bed to when you wake up from breathing out moisture! That's why a lot of people in maintenance talk about a weight 'range' where they expect their weight to be in a window of usually 2-5 pounds. Variations within that range are 'stable' or maintaining.

• mddl
    Options
    Thank you for the response☺
  • mddl
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    I've been maintaining several years after losing 40 pounds on MFP. It's not rocket science, it just requires you to be really persistent in your good habits. The hardest thing for me about maintenance is that if you mess up and overeat for a bit, you won't just stop losing, like you did when you were on a deficit, you'll gain. That's why monitoring your weight with either a scale or a tape measure or your clothes is really important. Personally I still log everything. Often, at this point, it keeps me from eating too little instead of too much. In other words, it gives me permission to eat when I'm hungry because I can see that there's a reason for me to be hungry! It's not just habit.

The other problem a lot of people have in maintaining is that it's just boring. No new worlds to conquer or low weights to see. So you have to see maintaining as a triumph - it is, a lot of people can't do it. Remember, your goal was never to lose weight, it was to SAY THIN. That's where you are now, accomplishing that goal. And lots and lots of other people set new goals for fitness, like exercising. Even after I stopped losing weight, I lost inches for over a year as I got stronger.
    -

• mddl
    Options
    Thank you for the response ☺
  • rosiemelson
    Options
    Hi guys! I've finally got to my ideal weight and it's been so hard! I keep yo yoing up Nd down! I'm so excited there is finally something that can help me stay the same weight! #bringiton

• mddl
    Options
    How much calories I can be without gaining weight to maintain my weight 121 my calorie intake is 1440