Starting over

Options
I've been on this site for a little over 2 months, had no progress after 3 weeks, got overly frustrated, so took a couple weeks off.

Today begins a new goal and a new me!

I am up for any suggestions and tips that anyone has that will help me reach my goals (2# a week, with total loss equalling 20#)

Hoping I can stay on track and not let my frustrations get the best of me again! :)

6438986.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• bstarwilla
    bstarwilla Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck! My best way to stay focused on what I want is to think short term. I think If I can just do it for one day then I can worry about the next day tomorrow! One day at a time. Then eventually you'll look back and time will have passed and you will be moving in the right direction. Don't worry about forever...worry about today!
  • sherrone_t
    sherrone_t Posts: 10
    Options
    Good luck! I have just come back after falling "off the wagon", so to speak. So, I'm in the same boat. Take it one day at a time and count on us for support! :o)
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    it is a life style change and a lifetime commitment, so....you are in for the long haul. If this will be your first time for the long haul give your body time to build a fitness level and become a fat burning machine.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    It can be frustrating for sure - Welcome to the site! and welcome back as well!
    I've sent you a friend invite to help you along the way. My MFP friends have been incredible and really help me when I'm struggling!!!
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Don't give up.... you just took a detour..... now you're back in the game.

Have fun.
  • gphamrick
    gphamrick Posts: 7
    Options
    Welcome back. Just keep in mind that this is a journey and changing your life for the long term and then hang in there. There will be frustrating weeks, but also victories to celebrate. You mentioned that you are setting a goal to lost two pounds a week. That is great, I only recommend that you do it with diet and exercise. Don't starve yourself, that will only lead to muscle loss. Have a great time on here and I wish you all the best.

G
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi there :)

I've been here for ten days and think it is a fantastic site!

I would echo what others have already said in that this isn't a 'quick fix' approach. So don't be disappointed if some weeks things seem to be not moving as fast as you'd like, just rememebr WHY you're here in the first place and how amazing you'll feel when you know you've put in all the hard work to get there!

Also I'd say don't get too hung-up on the numbers that show on the scale! Unfortunately bodies aren't machines and sometimes they take a while to adjust to a new way of doing things! Measurements and body fat percentages can be a better indicator of sucess!

but know that however you do, there'll always be someone here to answer your questions and to cheer you on!!

Best of luck! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Ales x

PS: I've sent you a friend request! :)
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Good luck I agree with some about having short term goals. I know I've gone up and down. I even just had a horrible weekend and starting fresh today. Everyday is a new day and we are all here to help. :flowerforyou:
  • MarkNH
    MarkNH Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best of luck !!!

You'll definitely find plenty of support and motivating people on MFP !!!

*Friend request is on it's way . . .

Mark