23 y/o gives calorie counting another chance! :)

Options
Hey everyone!

I am Julie, 23 years old and study literature.
I am 5'7 / 1,70m tall and my weight is at 168lbs / 76,3kg.

My relationship with my weight is a bit weird. I have never been skinny nor obese. As a child, the doctors were like "well, that's a bit too much, but nothing to worry about".

I lived my whole life so far with a weight "just above normal".
My parents always cooked really healthy and reasonable, so I actually learned a quite good way to cook and eat - I just ate way to much.

When I was 19 and moved out to study, I started counting calories - which made everything even worse. I started obsessing about couting calories, I weighed everything and skipped everything with too many cals in it - just to binge in the evening because I was (of course) hungry. I stopped after about 1 year of counting because I realized, that I increased unhealthy snacking in between meals.

Basically: I didn't gain or lose anything over the last 6 years.

In January I made a plan to start again. I am slightly allergic to nuts, citrus fruits and chocolate. Nothing serious as long as I don't overeat - but starting january I cut them out of my food plan (and my skin is so happy about it!).
I do buy very dark chocolate, so when I crave it, I can eat one or two pieces.

I also started running with the C25K program and just signed up for a 5K (well, 5.6miles / 8.88889km - it's a local run with some history, therefore the strange distance ) in may.
I finished 3 weeks of C25K so far, but thanks to a bad cold and antibiotics I have to pause running until next week - but I am very optimistic I will be able to do it.

Today I decided to give calorie counting another try and after a bit of searching - I found this website.
So hello to everyone!

Replies

• cdiponio87
    cdiponio87 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, running and diet are a good combination for speeding up weight loss I'm sure you will see progress this time.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey. Feel free to add me for some additional support. I have lost 110 lbs with 140 to go so I am here for the long haul.