Ideal Bikini Body....not..

Options
So I surely do not have my ideal bikini body. But I was planning on wearing a bikini this summer.... in just a few weeks really. I am hoping to loose another 5lbs before we go away for Memorial Day Weekend. But even then I'm not going to look how I want to look in a bikini. Would you wear a bikini anyway and not worry about anyone else? My husband thinks I look great always, and even greater with the almost 8 lbs that I have lost. But now that's its getting close, I'm a little nervous. And I wore one last year too, probably 5 lbs heavier than I am now. I was nervous at first, but got more comfortable around certain people. Depending on who we were around I would feel uncomfortable. I guess my question is even if you don't have the flatest tummy, & thinest thighs do you still wear a bikini?

Replies

• craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I would wear one. I currently wear a size 10/12, with a DD top and have a bikini I found that went by cup size and wear it. I don't go out in it as much (nowhere to go since my jet ski and boat are gone) but I will wear it to my mom's at the pool, in my backyard, etc.
    If you are not too sure of yourself wearing one, get a fancy sarong you can tie at your waist.
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wear it proudly!
  • Amber_Kunkel
    Options
    As long as you are happy in it, wear it. Who cares what others think. Be proud and show your curves girlie!
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I say wear it! I understand being uncomfortable. I'm also a little uncomfortable about my weight in a bikini, and I have four scars on my stomach now from gall bladder surgery in March, but I've decided to say "who cares"! I bet you will look great!
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Do it! It took me until I was 24 years old to be comfortable wearing a bikini in "public". When I finally got the courage and realized that no one was going to come up to me and tell me to cover up, I gained a TON of self-confidence...even in other areas of my life. After I had my daughter last year (I'm 27 now) I acquired these lovely stretch marks and will probably never wear a bikini again. And now it's going to take me forever to figure out how to feel sexy at the beach pool wherever again. But the point is, your hubby thinks you're sexy, and that counts for more than anyone else's opinion!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Wear what YOU want to wear.

I personally would NEVER wear a bikini again (actually, I've never been comfortable in them -- even as a very thin (98lbs) teenager), but if you want to wear it... do it! I'm too self conscious to wear one.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You have to do what you're comfortable with. :-) I find it helpful to remember that no one really knows how hard you've worked to get where you are except for you! Also, I've seen plenty of people in bikini's that were far past "questionable," so I'm sure you're fine! Congrats on your progress. Keep up the good work!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I wear mine! But I dont' have a little skimpy one, mine has boy short bottoms to help me feel a little less like my bum is hanging out. :) But where is it written that only the "skeletons" get the fun of a bikini?? I say us curvey girls need to reclaim the beaches!!
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    I have this same dilemma. I'm about the same place you are as well. This year, I've decided not to opt out of a bikini necessarily, but to really do some hunting to find a bathing suit that actually looks good and flatters my body the way it is now, so i feel comfortable no matter what!
  • melsste
    melsste Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's all about you!!!! If you feel comfortable in it... wear it!! :) Have a great Memorial weekend!!!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Yes! You should do it! Don't go to Target or Old Navy or JCrew and try on their skimpy bathing suits made for children. Go to a good swimwear store and have them help you pick one out. I'm in MA and we have Everything But the Water and at the Outlets - California Sunshine Swimwear. I bought a 2Bamboo bikini a couple of years ago with the help of the girls there and it was amazing. The top is by bra size and the bottom was SML. I explained to the girl my hangups and she helped me. I get nothing but compliments in that suit (even last year after gaining weight) It wasn't cheap, but it was worth every penny. I bought another 2Bamboo suit last year at Macy's. This one is a tankini and it doesn't make me "look like I'm a mom". My biggest gripe about bikinis are the tops because I'm a C/D and when I had DD I was a DD. The tops that tie in the back don't have enough support for me. I've found an amazing bikini that I want for the cruise I'm going on in July but I know it has the stupid tie back. I'm seriously considering modifying it to have a hook I love it that much. We are much harder on ourselves than other people are. Definitely splurge and buy one. I'm sure your DH will love it :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Oh, hell yeah! Rock that bikini!

No one is going to be judging you, and your husband already knows you're gorgeous. Enjoy the feel of the sun and the wind and the waves on your skin.

And wear sunscreen. :smile:
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Ha! I wore one 9 months Prego!! Girl strut your stuff!! Where it proudly.. the hubby always like to see a little skin.. turns them into little teenagers!!
  • jeseka619
    jeseka619 Posts: 21
    Options
    If you feel comfortable with it - do it!! I am the same height as you and around the same weight and I wear one!
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Obviously I am all for wearing it!
  • AFitasticYou
    AFitasticYou Posts: 170
    Options
    You ladies made me laugh! Thanks for the encouragement! I'm think I'm ok with wearing the bikini. We do alot of camping and I almost feel really confident around the people I do not know! LOL! At least I did last year and I was a few lbs heavier. :laugh: I bought a new bikini that DH loves! But it a little skimpy with the string top. He is encouraging and makes me feel good about it. But if I stop & think I'm like oh no, people are going to talk!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    LOL! I bought a string bikini in FL a couple of years ago. DH loves it. I won't be seen in public in it. The only time I ever wore it was on the boat when it was just the two of us.