Lunches! Sharing and stealing make-ahead lunches!

Options
What did you make for your lunch today? Were you at home? At work? On the go?
Today I had taco salad.
•mixed veggies and lettuce •lean ground beef •low fat mozzarella •salsa and plain Greek yogurt.
Looking for more easy ideas that I can pack along for my week :)

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I was at home. I had some leftover lentil soup today.
  • olemissgal00als
    olemissgal00als Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I made a wrap with multigrain flax seed flat bread, grilled chicken, fennel, provolone, red and green bell peppers. Zap in microwave to melt cheese. It is yummy!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Ham and beans soup . Trying to get lots of fiber. I made a big pot and froze individual bags of it.
  • carlymaceachern
    carlymaceachern Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Ham and beans soup . Trying to get lots of fiber. I made a big pot and froze individual bags of it.

Lettuce or spinach thrown in smoothies are where I usually get my finer :) don't even taste it :) more nutritional value than beans! But awesome goal !
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I was home. I heated up some left over steak from last night and added to arugula, parmesan cheese and balsamic dressing.

I typically eat leftovers or make salads with chicken that I've cooked ahead (think chef, cobb, blt etc).
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I took some leftover chicken and lentils and a clementine to work for lunch. I made a big pot this weekend and have been eating it ever since.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/lentil-and-chicken-soup-3-pts.html
  • butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    At work. Packed last night. Cucumbers sliced with turkey ( little sliders ) Sweet potato chips. Handful of nuts with a few mini choco chips. And a banana.
  • _celesse
    _celesse Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    At school, I didn't have time to make lunch this morning so I got roasted chicken breast from Subway. And a cookie...
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Today I've got a salad made of baby kale, raw carrots, green peppers with some anchovies on top. I love anchovies. Plus an orange for after.

Yesterday I had a similar salad but with sliced cold beef instead of fish.

I'm pretty good at making sure I have a healthy lunch prepared for work. It's just all the rubbish I eat the rest of the time that's the problem!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    chicken and 5 bean soup for me with a little cheese sprinkled on
    i tend to make a large batch and freeze in pots
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with ground turkey, tomato's, mushrooms, jalapeno pepper, sharp shredded cheddar cheese and Mrs. dash garlic and herb seasoning, black pepper. 8oz V8 low sodium veggie juice and 1oz chunk of cheese.
  • swampus99
    swampus99 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Tuna creations (ranch) mixed with smashed avocado (1/3 c.)... Eaten with crunchy tortilla chips leftover from the super bowl. :) also, sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes. I drive to appointments all day for my job, so I often eat I my car. I stash some microwave soups at work for emergencies--for when I don't have lunch and I don't want to hit a drive thru. :)
  • Amanelot
    Amanelot Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Steamed chicken breast, ranch pasta salad, green beans, peas, and broccoli. I was at work, took it in a Tupperware container
  • glc1990
    Options
    roasted red pepper and tomato soup, sweet & salty popcorn and a beetroot, apple, lemon, lime. mango and avocado smoothie
  • tamaradwyer
    tamaradwyer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Two cups of kale and two eggs, cooked at home, then chilled and topped with one half avocado. Will eat cold (cooked greens digest better for me - and cold egg out of the shell is SO much neater to eat than a hard boiled egg :)). 308 calories: 16 carb, 22 fat, 17 protein.

I know, lots of fat, but it's working for me.
  • JustInTime13
    Options
    Left over homemade pizza. 2 slices and 100 cal fat free fig newtons. 2 cookies.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I was had work, so I had
    - Salad with cottage cheese and mustard
    - 1 slice of bread with ham and mustard
    - a mandarin orange
    The usual, nothing exciting