Couch to 5K

Options
jala9656
jala9656 Posts: 31 Member
I had a small success this morning. I did the first day of the couch to 5K running program and completed it. I was very proud of myself. So was my hubby. Very slow going, but I attained my goal of finishing.

Replies

• SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS...we all start at the same place...and it is a HUGE accomplishment...very proud of you
  • lulutm
    lulutm Posts: 57
    Options
    Awesome! I started running with Couch to 5k too! Great tool to use when getting started. Best of luck to you!
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. It does get easier. I am starting week 3 tonight and am a little nervous. Jogging for 3 minutes has never happened in my life and not sure I can do it but I am going to give it my best shot. Keep up the good work and let me know how it goes.
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just finished day three of C25K and I agree it's challenging for someone like myself who hasn't run in a while. Good job!!
  • pandasquishy
    Options
    Congratulations! I just finished week 8! It is an amazing feeling. keep it up!
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm having trouble getting past week 4...I had to take time off to get my wisdom teeth removed...repeating week 3 again...
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm starting C25K in June.
  • msuzie
    msuzie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It really is amazing how well it works. I finished week 6 on Saturday and when I started running I thought to myself "there's no way I can make it 25 minutes straight", but I did it! It truly is a great system!!
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    WTG! I am starting week 2 today :)
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I finish up week 3 tomorrow (weather permitting -- I run outside). I am loving it so far. You Can Do This!!!
  • darren37
    darren37 Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations. Started C25k in September last year after never running in my life. Used to hate running and always got out of breath so quickly. Now I run 5k 3-4 times a week and doing 5k in about 25 minutes.

The first time you do 30 minutes straight you just finish on such a high even though your body wants you to collapse in a heap.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Congratulations. Started C25k in September last year after never running in my life. Used to hate running and always got out of breath so quickly.

^ Same as this person, but started last spring. Now I get antsy if I can't go for a run. I run very slowly still, but have done a 4mile race and a 10K all-trail. I love :smooched: jogging now!

Keep up your good work and congrats - you're going to love running!
  • bfkilduff
    bfkilduff Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The best advise I can give is to actually register for a 5k in your area. That will also keep you on track. It is tough, but a race will also probably give you your best time ever due to adrenaline. I ran my first 2 years ago, and beat my training times by 2 mins. Good luck!
  • sweetpeaga7
    sweetpeaga7 Posts: 40
    Options
    Way to go girl that's so awesome! I am proud! Slow and steady and you WILL get there. No one starts out running 3 miles out of the gait trust me. Took me months to build up to where I am now. Keep up the hard work, dedication and focus and YOU WILL SUCCEED!
  • Cutiger81
    Cutiger81 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I'm doing C25k and just finished week 4 a few minutes ago. You all should join our C25K forum. Here is the link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/204915-couch-to-5k-start-4-4-11
  • breezey77
    breezey77 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm starting Day 1 today.
  • breezey77
    breezey77 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
  • JLaSoul333
    JLaSoul333 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm starting couch to 5k today too!!! As soon as I get off work I'm strapping on my shoes and getting out there. Congratulations!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!