Good running shoes

Options
13»

Replies

• bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    gabbo34 wrote: »
    LOL, yep - getting fit isn't a magic 100% guarantee that things will work out. Bad fits happen, no doubt about it. But I would say the odds of getting bad fit from someone who knows that they are doing are a lot smaller than just guessing on our own.

Possibly - but the thing is, the research that has been done on this suggests that people who claim that they know what they are doing may not know as much as they think.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    bwogilvie wrote: »
    gabbo34 wrote: »
    LOL, yep - getting fit isn't a magic 100% guarantee that things will work out. Bad fits happen, no doubt about it. But I would say the odds of getting bad fit from someone who knows that they are doing are a lot smaller than just guessing on our own.

Possibly - but the thing is, the research that has been done on this suggests that people who claim that they know what they are doing may not know as much as they think.

Let's not ignore the fact that any true reputable running store will have an amazing exchange policy. My local one has a 30 day exchange window regardless of the miles you put on the shoes. If they make a recommendation and it isnt working out for you then you can just pop in and say so and walk out with a new shiny pair based on your feedback and their suggestions. Basically they put their money where their mouth is. You'll also recognize the workers because they only hire the local elites to work in their stores so these guys/gals really know their stuff and LOVE the sport.

Maybe I'm fortunate with the local store I have in my town..dunno but I assumed every city has the equivalent and to me that is easily worth an extra 30 bucks I would save from just shopping online or at big box and just picky pretty colors to match my outfits or some *kitten* like that.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Well I went to the running store today! I got brooks ghost, lol. I wasn't biased, they just felt better than the others I tried on, plus they were on sale. Thanks everyone. Super glad I went to the running store to get them. now I can start running again!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Oh and the guy put me in a whole size bigger than I normally get. Crazy. If I picked them out myself I would've been going in the wrong size.