Starting 30 Day Shred on Monday!!

Options
2»

Replies

• bbarton81
    bbarton81 Posts: 17
    Options
    I have tried this program 3 times and usually quit by day 4. I'm bound and determined to complete it this time! I'm here for the support as well!
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    No quitting this time!! I know it's going to be hard, but if we all push each other,
    we can get through it!!! :wink:
  • slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Options
    Today was my first day of level 2. (did level 1 for 10 days) It is a great workout and easy to fit in because it is under 30 minutes. For those who said they have bad knees...I do also. One worse than the other and ended up getting a knee brace at about day 2. That has helped sooo much! I couldn't do the workout without it. The jumping jacks alone were to much for my knee. Stick with it everyone!! Shred away!
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    If my dvd comes in tomorrow I will def join you guys! If not, ill start on Tuesday!
  • popchex
    popchex Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just got it! I'm excited and once my little one lets me get moving, I'm doing it before I pick up the big kid from school. lol I haven't been this excited to work out in a while. :P
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    It's such an effective workout! You will really like it. Today, I staerted doing it...again. I'm going to work on consistency this time. Good luck! I can't wait to hear about your results!
  • HannahBanana65
    Options
    I want in! I will start tomorrow too!! :)
  • popchex
    popchex Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    OMGGGG I'm dying, but that was such a good work out. Showed me just how out of shape I am though. Blergh. I haven't been this sweaty in a looong time. hahah Can't wait to do it tomorrow too.

Can anyone tell me how to put it down in the exercise log though? I thought I saw someone say put it under cross training, but I don't see it? Isn't Circuit training for Curves-like stuff? machines?
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    im adding it as 20 min circuit training general thats what ive heard through other posts... day 4 today i find i can start concentrating on form today rather than just scrapping through jumping jacks are still rough but i can complete most of the sets now when i had to stop half way through all off them on day 1 so has to be working good luck everyone
  • ecahill91
    ecahill91 Posts: 69
    Options
    I LOVE the 30 Day Shred! My friend and I started on May 1st, and have done it everyday since then. Mind you it has only been 8 days, but I can definitely start to notice my stomach getting tighter, as well as my arms. My legs are getting pretty solid, too! The DVD is totally worth it, and I'm happy for you that you are getting it too! It's so much fun. At first, you're probably going to want to punch Jillian through the TV, but after a while, you get the hang of it and start to hate her less, hahaha! You'll be feeling it the first 4 days or so, trust me!! Ouch!! But, like I said before....TOTALLY worth it. Good luck!!
  • tinytotnot
    tinytotnot Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I started this on 19 April, got through level 1 and then onto level 2, then got a viral infection which led to Labyrinthitis, so haven't managed to do any for about a week, planning to try again from tonight, not sure whether to go back to level 1 or carry on at level 2.

I did lose 8 1/2 inches on level 1, so it works if you stick with it.

Good luck to all, we CAN do it :smile: :smile:
  • rhona77
    rhona77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I'm on level 1 day 2.
    I also wondered about logging it in my exercise diary? how many calories it burns etc???
  • jamerican23
    jamerican23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in.

I've done it before but quit b/c I hated the fact I burned so little cal's b/c it's mostly strength training so I only burned 120-150 odd cals which can’t help you eat more.

I am a lover of Turbo Jam, 4 years but joined a gym instead Jan 2011 b/c I wanted to burn more calories. B/c of the gym-join I am finding my arms/back etc don't look nearly as good as they did a year ago so I definitely need to incorporate the strength training back in so what the heck. Turbo Jam is still a million times better but I will be getting the cardio, I'll need more mustles.

My new regimen plan instead of 55 min of elliptical at the gym will be 20 min as I get off the train from work (my gym is a 6 min walk from the station then hubby will pick me up as he comes home from work), make/eat dinner then 30DS and a protein shake.

Good luck everyone! I've you've never done it I cannot say this enough, DO NOT over-do it on the squats in level one, stay higher than lower. You won't notice it while you are doing it, you’ll actually push yourself to go lower b/c what the heck, it feels good at the time but if you go too low you will in fact hurt yourself and be out of commission for at least a week. I've been working out for years and over-squatted (is that a word, lol!) and couldn't walk for 3 days, screamed as I sat down - the toilet is the worst b/c it is the lowest seat in the house back in 2010.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I'm on level 1 day 2.
    I also wondered about logging it in my exercise diary? how many calories it burns etc???

A HRM is your best bet for the most accurate reading but in the interim use Circuit Training in MFP.

It burns so little I wouldn’t recommend eating the calories back IMO.
  • Meekah44
    Meekah44 Posts: 34
    Options
    How/where do you measure for inches?
    Maybe a dumb question, but i really have no idea!
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Just did Day 1 of Level 1 and I have never pushed that hard in my life! Sheesh. I knew I was out of shape but Jillian really showed me HOW much out of shape I really was!I had sweat dripping into my eyes and places I didn't know could sweat (legs and tops of arms) were drenched! I hate Jillian right now and I'm sure I'll hate her even more in the morning from being sore! Day 1-CHECK!
  • shazzabir
    shazzabir Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have done the Shred before, but I am giving another go as the results are fab.

I am now on day 2 , this time around I am doing the more advanced moves and using heavier weights.

OMG what a shock my body had!!!!!!!!!!
    I am in so much pain!!!!!!

Good luck everyone :smile:
  • rhona77
    rhona77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    level one - day 4 complete. My legs are killing me but that's fear leaving my body according to Gillian!!