Lots to lose and over 60

Options
Hi, I have been using myfitnesspal since Christmas. Over 40kgs to lose and want to improve my health and fitness. Find it hard walking by myself and trying to keep motivated. Would like support from others on a similar journey.

Replies

• Eileentk
    Eileentk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I finally decided to get serious about getting in shape with the new year. I'm 62 and newly retired. Have just over 100 lbs to loose but am down 9 lb since Jan. 1. Been working out every day with a goal of at least 30 minutes aerobic exercise per day. Targeting a weight loss of about 1-1.5 lb per week so considering initial water weight loss, I think that I'm on target.
  • mommasita55
    mommasita55 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 59 and just started back on MFP Jan 1st, have been doing Zumba twice a week, and the gym twice a week (i use the ARC trainer and treadmill mostly). I have another 84 pounds to lose and really like having MFP friends to keep motivated and to help motivate them :) My kids are in college (later in life parents) and have alot of time to keep busy and focused.
    Message me if youd like to be Friends :)
  • Starrhae130
    Starrhae130 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I saw your post and decided to message you!! My daughter called me Momacita for years!!
    I was doing very well a year ago and got just about to my goal!! Then for one reason or another I just stopped and gained back 20 lbs!! My daughter asked if I wanted to do WW and I decided to get my Fitbit back out and get back on MFP!!
    I am retired and watch my grandkids often and seem to be staying home a lot!!
    Winter is long in Montana!!
    I just had my husband bring my hand weights in and started counting calories and steps!!
    Feeling better already!!
    Wendy!!
  • weenan1950
    weenan1950 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm over 60 & have been battling with my weight for years. Almost 5 years ago I quit smoking & put on 40 lbs & another 10 over the holidays & I've been trying to drop the 10 lbs since Christmas, I just finished a Green Smoothie 30 Day Challenge that I do every 3 months. Since the New Year I've managed to drop 4 lbs, for me it's not enough but in actuality it is a pretty good weight loss. I'm just looking for some motivation. I watch my grandchildren every evening until Mommy or Daddy get home. I don't exercise much (bad) & winters a long & cold in Ontario Canada. Thanks
    Thanks
    Weenan1950 (Lois)