Any one on here for a lifestyle change instead of a diet!?

Options
I've used myfitnesspal pal for years now but never gave much thought to the forums, so now I'm here asking if there's any of you out there who are just looking to make healthier choices, feel free to add me!

Replies

• mzjenn2u
    mzjenn2u Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeee.....this is def a lifestyle not a diet for me!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I would hope everybody here is for a lifestyle change and not a diet.
  • sdvequist
    sdvequist Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes! I think that is the most important thing to remember about food/fitness! Long term results :)
  • jocm2225
    jocm2225 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am so in this for life change. Healthy is Better
  • FRJM
    FRJM Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Me too :smiley:
  • Mikeyloye
    Mikeyloye Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have already learnt that people should not really diet (unless instructed by a professional) and should make life style choices.

I have been given a diet and from that I have learnt to make changes so in a way yes it's healthy choices for me now
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I think understanding that you have to change your lifestyle (including food choices, portion choices, and activity level) is pretty much the linchpin for success.

The Diet Industry doesn't really want anybody to understand that once we lose that 10 pounds in a non-sustainable fashion, odds are we will go back to the exact same behavior that put on those excess pounds.

I'm a slow learner, but I finally figured that part out. :/
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Definitely me! I've tried all the diets and have lost weight successfully and then gained back with even more success :smile:. I'm here now because I want to / NEED to change the way I live my life from a food/exercise perspective. And I need to make changes that are sustainable.

It's definitely working because this morning, when my bus got caught in traffic my thought wasn't "Yay! That means I don't have to exercise!" but instead was "Dammit, now I won't have time to exercise!". And then I snuck in 15 minutes anyway. That's siginficantly different from 6 months ago when I started!
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I don't consider any of this a diet. It's all lifestyle!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I think being a slave to a scale is stupid. Making exercise, fitness, and improved nutrition is my goal. The rest will follow.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    That's me. I'm taking up hobbies like the bo staff, so I'm working on achieving something better than just a number on the scale. Learning a skill is much more impressive than simply being thin.
  • brinaingraham
    Options
    Yeah I am learning that it is a lifestyle change and to make one goal at a time when it comes to weight management. I am part of a 10 week weight management class that teaches you something new every week to help you decide what changes you want to make and what your goals are to make those changes. I mean to have someone tell me that I don't need to make an outrageous goal like loose 100 pounds in a certain amount of time but to make realistic goals that I know I can do, that is different for me. It could be a goal to add or subtract certain foods in your diet to loosing such and such pounds in a certain amount of time. Whatever you can do, make that goal and do that goal then start the next goal.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I lost the weight I wanted and am focusing on lifestyle now. Eat well. Play hard (so I can eat more)
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Great post! This is as simple as a lifestyle change that yields long term results. Awesome!
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yep, you need to make changes that you can see yourself sticking to for the rest of your life. Sending a friend request now :)
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am! Definitely doing something I can maintain long term. In it for the long haul! Feel free to add, anyone :)
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That's me. I'm taking up hobbies like the bo staff, so I'm working on achieving something better than just a number on the scale. Learning a skill is much more impressive than simply being thin.

Agreed completely. I play staff as well, and have found certain moves getting easier as I've been getting healthier.
  • phantasmagical
    phantasmagical Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Bo staff!!? This has been on my list of things to learn about for years. Have you found any good online resources you'd be willing to share?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'm not going to do all this work just to turn around and get fat again. The change must be maintained.
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people get so hung up on words. Diet, lifestyle change, heck, you could call it painting the purple monkey, it's all the same. I think it is fairly common knowledge that short term diets don't equal long term success. Sustained life long change to your diet equal success.