Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

2 weeks in

Its been 2 years since ive had healthy eating habits and exercise but now after 3 months of trying and failing ive finally got the habit down. A morning workout, tracking calories and nutrition throughout the day and lifting weights in the evening. Starting out im ambitous but im afraid ill get lazy, lose the drive, or cave in to eat my weight in pizza. Ive made long lasting progress throughout these consistant 2 weeks and ive got a momentum going. Its not so hard, im just worried ill quit next week. What can I do? Life stress floods in and makes me crave comfort food.

Replies

• nissanmama
    nissanmama Posts: 26 Member
    I'm very visual. I have to get rid of the crap food so I don't see it and I'll often put up pictures or quotes in trigger locations to help me stay motivated. The computer is a big trigger for me. It's like eating goes with tapping the keyboard. Two of my favorite quotes are "Your stomach shouldn't be a waste basket," and "Stop rewarding yourself with food. You are not a dog."
  • NotGuiltylawyer
    NotGuiltylawyer Posts: 39 Member
    I understand!! im the same way, but i have been going at it for a month now, sticking to my diet and exercise. Always reward yourself. I like to go out for supper on the weekends and go see a movie. It keeps me sane. Dont give in to any excuses!
  • JeremyHigh
    JeremyHigh Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks the weekend food is a great idea. And inspirational quotes would go good on my fridge and mirror. I have 2 Pizza Places really close to my house and a convenient app that I could order from anytime. I literally have to have zero dollars in my bank account mostly invested in bills and healthy food before i can use it to overindulge. Otherwise i spend so $200 on pizza a month that i don't finish it and it goes bad the next day.
  • nissanmama
    nissanmama Posts: 26 Member
    Sounds like you need to play with some recipes and come up with a "healthy" version of pizza for yourself. Maybe skip the sugar laden sauce and do veggies with a stronger flavored cheese on a whole grain crust. Ultimately though, it should be something you look forward to for itself because it's good on its own. Otherwise it will feel like a substitution of something you wanted instead. It should become the thing you want because it's better.
  • JeremyHigh
    JeremyHigh Posts: 11 Member
    That's a genius idea and concept. I am a good cook and i look forward to my dinner time cause i have to make something awesome just to stay sane. Any good websites or cookbooks i can buy?