Help with my eating...

Options
Hey, I am new to this site. Been tracking my food and exercise for the last week or so and it does seem to be helping make me a little more aware. I need help with my eating! I think I know what I should eat, but I need some new ideas about how to maximize my calories and still feel full and not binge at night. I seem to do ok during the day, but then snack between supper and bedtime. Any suggetions for late night snacks? Also, I prefer a shake in the morning for breakfast. Any great ideas? (I have about 20 lbs to lose based on all the charts., but I would be happy with 10, if I could lose them and keep them off. Ha!) Thanks for your help!!

Replies

• snusp
    snusp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Frozen strawberries! Eat them when they are still "almost frozen".
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Try a snack in between breakfast & lunch and then another between lunch & dinner. Nonfat yogurt, fruit, almonds, trail mix, hummus & veggies...are some of what I have as snacks. If you like cottage cheese I've read that's a great before bed snack. Hope this helps. Feel free to check out my diary. It's public. This past weekend was off but other than that I do fairly well. Good luck!
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    sugar-free jello w/3T FF Cool Whip; hot chocolate: 1 cup water, 1/3 cup 1% or skimm milk, microwaved, add 1 T cocoa and 1T splenda. Enjoy! Satisfies the chocolate cravings and not too high on the calories
  • czybura
    czybura Posts: 9
    Options
    Evening - frozen blueberries, frozen mango, apples, try fruit and avoid carbs in the evening. Add more veggies. I try to get 5-7 cups of veggies every day. It will fill you up and prevent snacking.

I found a great shake that I love. It's the Ultimate Meal. The vitamin Shoppe sells it. It says add 1/3 cup of powder to your smoothie, but I only add a couple tbsp. It doesn't have filler/ whey etc. You add 1/2 apple, small banana (large banana use half) and frozen blueberries and water. It really fills you up. Sometimes I will add frozen mango. It's a great go to meal. I sometimes will make it in the evening instead of dinner.