Share tips to stop you snacking

Options
Hi

im wondering if anyone has anytips to stop them from snacking
I read an article in a magazine years ago with loads of celeb tips and the only tip i remember was to try brushing your teeth when you feel hungry and I actually think this helps.

anyone have any other tips?

Replies

• sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Ha! I was thinking, when I read the title of this post, brush your teeth. You can also drink water, chew gum, or eat a light snack. If you're hungry you should eat, unless it's mindless snacking.
  • lulubutterz
    Options
    no im eating quite healthy but then i get bored and i start thinking about snacking so ive been brushing me teeh loads more cause it helps me not want the snacks lol
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Paint your nails, do a facial, have a bath, go for a walk, knitting?
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Water, Water, and more Water... Every time I think I "need" a snack I drink a large glass of water and wait 30 minutes to see if I'm really hunger!!
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Doing something else can help. But the urge to snack can come from different places. Boredom? no need to eat. Actual hunger? save calories for snacks!
  • lulubutterz
    Options
    I drink a lot of water about 2L a day,

Its not cause of hunger its cause of boredom or my boyfriend trying to I know its in my head and I should easily say no but so hard sometimes haha
  • lpendleton58
    lpendleton58 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Water and meal prep. It helps to have the proper protein/carb ratio that works for you.
  • lulubutterz
    Options
    maxit wrote: »
    Doing something else can help. But the urge to snack can come from different places. Boredom? no need to eat. Actual hunger? save calories for snacks!

I think thats what I need to do, cut down on calories during the day and save them for snacking in the evening :) thanks
  • gleesongirl
    gleesongirl Posts: 12
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've tried the drinking water, then if you're still hungry try eating a dill pickle (minimal Calories; also works on a sweet craving) or gum (as suggested). An apple will fill you up pretty well, or a broth based veggie soup... Good luck!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, eat.

Also, fill up on veggies.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Keep yourself busy.

At least for me, snacking tends to happen when I'm sitting around not doing anything.

Take up a hobby, do the laundry, reorganize that junk drawer, clean out the garage, go for a walk. If you keep your hand/self busy, you'll find yourself less compulsed to snack AND have the added benefit of getting a lot of those projects you've been putting off done.
  • NSimone27
    NSimone27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree that drinking water helps a lot! I will drink a full glass or two and then sometimes will feel "full" enough to not want a snack any more. Or tea/coffee, very low calorie and the flavour also helps to distract me from wanting food!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am a grazer and eat all day. I don't give up snacks I just build them into my daily allowance. I use the little snack bags or a bowl, measure out the serving size and walk away from the container.
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Dill pickle is my key. Should I want something sweet, I have a dill pickle instead. Works for me.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I eat larger meals less frequently. When I eat, I eat! My balanced meals keeps me full and content so I don't need to snack.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Op hasn't been back on in over a year.....
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I generally eat something.

Something from my calorie allotment for the day, or something with few calories. The cheese I would put on my salad, usually works in a pinch. Celery stalks, more raw veggies of the green variety, carrots and tomatos would up my sugar.

For savory, I LOVE valssic kosher dills. The huge ones, did you know they are basically a calorie free cucumber?
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    1. Don't let the damned things in the house
    2. Water is a wonderful suppressant
    3. Stick to your meal plan (eg I'm usually eating something every 2-3 hours, whether main meal or snack) - thus reducing the urge.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    My tip is to NOT stop snacking. I love my snacks! But they are planned, nutritious, and fit into my daily calorie goal.