What is the best home video to get?

Options
What is the best home video to get? I have bin eating healthy and walking/hiking, im ready for some butt kicking! Any suggestions?

Replies

• angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    There are some really good ones out there. Housewives 8 is a personal favorite......oh wait, your asking about workout vids. Sorry
  • cheleskids
    cheleskids Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm doing P90X. Hard workout that has 2 programs to choose from (Classic and Lean). I do Lean. Each workout is about 1 hr long except Yoga X, which is 90 mins. I'm on week 2 and I can tell a big difference in my stamina.

Good luck finding the program that's just right for you!
  • jayneenaa
    jayneenaa Posts: 3
    Options
    I've been doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and its really making a difference.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I started with Turbo Jam and LOVED it. Now I am doing Turbor Fire and Chalean Extreme, but they have tons of other workouts depending on what you are interested in. if you go to beachbody.com they have something great for everyone.
  • tritia
    tritia Posts: 13
    Options
    I only have experience with Jillian Michaels' "30 Day Shred" and "Ripped in 30", but I really like those DVDs. She knows how to kick your butt!
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    There are some really good ones out there. Housewives 8 is a personal favorite......oh wait, your asking about workout vids. Sorry

LOL!

To the original poster, I love P90X! In my humble opinion, it's the best program money can buy.
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    Do u like to dance, like traditional ol school workouts???? What do you like is important!

I have and do Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, Rockin Body, Brazil Butt Lift, Chalean Extreme and Turbo Fire, and currently awaiting the arrival of Zumba Exhilarate!!!!!

I am finishing up the Chalean Extreme/Turbo Fire hybrid and after I do approx 2 months of Zumba, I am going to P90X!!!!
  • mara232
    mara232 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am loving the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels - excellent workout!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    As others have said there are a lot of them out there and it really depends on what you are looking for and how much you want to spend.

I have a few from the 10 minute solutions series that I really like (knockout blast, ultimate bootcamp, kettlebell) they are composed of five 10 min workouts so you can pick and choose which ones you want to do and even do them in a different order than the disk has them. They are pretty inexpensive $10-$15

The next one I want to try is turbofire. I have heard a lot of good reviews on here and from friends that are doing it.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I have a few 10 minutes solutions ones and I think they're great too. I also really like the Zumba and Just Dance for the wii, they're loads of fun and that always makes it better in my opinion.

If you want core strengthening though I'd recommend Billy Blanks Tae-bo. I lost inches when I first started doing it and could feel my abs engaging a lot more. That would be my exercise of choice and I'd be doing it right now if I wasn't space limited :(
  • kimkimchi
    kimkimchi Posts: 58
    Options
    I'm tossing in my vote for Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred as well. It kicks your butt really well!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Leslie Sansone walk slim fast & firm 4 really big miles. It comes with a resistance band that I've been able.to utilize with other DVD programs and by itself. And I belie it's less than $14 @ Walmart.com
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Look at collagevideo.com for workout reviews and video clips. This might help you narrow it down a bit. There are so many videos out there it can be a little overwhelming.

Also - do you have access to Netflix or Comcast OnDemand (exercise TV) ? There are workout options there also. My personal faves are: Leslie Sansone, Chris Freytag, and Kelly Coffey Meyer. Good luck!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

Ha! Ha! Ha! I was gonna say Paris Hilton!!

Seriously OP, I'm a fan of P90X.
  • writergirl921
    Options
    I use a lot of exercise DVDs. I'm a big fan of The Firm. It's cardio and strength training. You need 3/5/8 pound weights to start. I also like Zuma, and the Leslie Sansone Walk videos.
  • ceejaya
    ceejaya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of the suggestions! I really appreciate it! I think im going to try out jillian micheals! Thanks again!