What am I doing wrong?

Options
I am working so hard to lose weight and get back into shape but I just dont see ant changes. I have been eating better, working out 5 days a week, taking the stairs at work (I work on the 6th floor) and when I look in the mirror I am still disgusted by my body, especially my butt and thighs. Having a 15 month old and it being so cold outside makes it so hard to make time and find active things to do. Help!!!!

Replies

• alcresta
    Options
    I am working so hard to lose weight and get back into shape but I just dont see ant changes. I have been eating better, working out 5 days a week, taking the stairs at work (I work on the 6th floor) and when I look in the mirror I am still disgusted by my body, especially my butt and thighs. Having a 15 month old and it being so cold outside makes it so hard to make time and find active things to do. Help!!!!
  • mytys1969
    Options
    It seems to me that you are doing everything the right way. How much weight do you need to lose?
    I have alot to loose so I know that I am not going to see any change body wise right now but I do feel differently. My shirts are a little looser in the tummy area so I know something is happening. Have you tried taking measurements and then maybe the mirror might not show it but the measuring tape should. good luck
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Stop beating yourself up. You're not disgusting. If you just started, give it time.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Give it time. I bet before you know it you won't even recognize yourself.
  • alcresta
    Options
    I only want to lose about 10 or so pounds but my big thing is loosing the inches. I gained about 4 or so sizes since my pregnancy. I've been working out and eating right for about a month now. I'll try measureing maybe thats where the difference is. I just hate feeling so uncomfortable in jeans. I'll put them on to go out but as soon as I get home I get into pajama pants because I cant stand the feeling.
  • mytys1969
    Options
    How old is your baby?
  • alcresta
    Options
    She is 15 months.
  • rhondababy
    Options
    Your post brought tears to my eyes. As women we place so much personal value on our looks, and if this is your first baby the changes to your body may be a bit hard to handle. I have three, and I remember when my first was born I was in the bath tub and burst into tears as I looked down at my body and absolutely did not recognize it.
    Also, if your sleep patterns are off it can be hard to lose.
    Stay hydrated- drink all of your water, and be patient. you may only see a loss of an average of a pound a week. This takes a while to show and your body is a bit different now so be patient, and kind to yourself.
    Slow and steady!
    Good luck! And when you get frustrated just look at your little sweetheart.
  • mommaschwend
    Options
    i am totally with you on trying to find time and a way to get out with the little ones on such cold days. my husband works most of the day and by the time he gets home it is dark and way too cold, i am so looking forward to the longer days
  • Margy82
    Margy82 Posts: 63
    Options
    I swear the small amou7nt is harder to lose sometimes then the big amount. Two years ago, I lots over 60 lbs the first 40 was easy, I started eating right, which was completely different from what I was eating and I started working out, and I lost 40 lbs in 2months, the next t10 lbs took another 2 months and the final 10 lbs took almost 5-6 months. Plus, I've heard that baby weight is harder to lose. So don't get discouraged, it will happen, you just have to be patient and don't give up. I know, when I am feeling really down and not seeing any progress, I do a two-day liquid only detox to drop a couple pounds, and it also shrinks my stomach a bit so I am not eating as much at each sitting, which helps to keep my calories down. Hope this helps!
  • throughHisstrength
    Options
    Don't worry I also have a 14 month old baby and I know exactly what you mean. I'm the same way with the jeans and pj pants. It comes with time. The best thing that I know to tell you is to try and get on an eating schedule- I eat a little every three hours that way I'm never hungry so I don't over eat. The other thing is being aware of serving sizes. It's taken me about a month and a half to see the difference and now the weight is coming off pretty good. Also try to keep in mind that spring will be here in no time really and then you and your baby can get out and explore.
    As far as hating what your body looks like now, remember that your body grew your child and that is the most beautiful thing on the planet. You'll get there. If you need any thing let me know. It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one struggling with the baby weight thing. Go hug and kiss your baby it will help you feel better about yourself. 0:wink::heart: