Morning workouts

Options

Replies

• Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I just know if it doesn't happen in the morning, it isn't going to happen.

I pack everything I need for the gym the night before. Change of clothes, lunch for work, etc.

I wake up at 6am, shower, then breakfast for the toddler and some huggle snuggles :) My husband takes care of dressing her and bringing her to daycare. So after I drink my protein shake and dress in my workout gear, I leave at 7am (walk to the gym which is 30 minutes away), do my routine until 8:15am, get ready to leave.. out by 8:25am.. walk the rest of the way to work (approx another 30 minutes) and voila!!
  • pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Anytime I am lying there not wanting to get up and workout, I think this to myself:

Which will you regret more, working out or not working out? The answer has never been the first one. Gets me up every time.
  • AnneMelody
    AnneMelody Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love my early morning workout, it's me time!! And definitely sets me up for the day, gym Monday Wednesday and Friday, swim Tuesday and Thursday, the swim days are most certainly the easiest days to get up, but I love the feeling of going to work, already having ticked the exercise box!!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I just do it. The cold days are hard though. I go out to run M, W, F, out to cycle, S, Su, and out to masters swim, T, Th. So in the evening, unless its a weights day, I don't have to worry about working out if I dont feel like it. Set multiple alarms if you have to. And I find it easiest when I need an indoor workout, to watch TV while getting it done. I can't tell you how many must see TV series I've seen that way.
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I actually got up at 5, drank my coffee and did a quick 10 minute workout! It was a short one, but it was more than I've ever done at that time so I'm pretty stocked. I got up, had my first cup of coffee, realised id forgotten to charge my iPad, but remembered downloading Hot5 onto my phone , so did the warm up and arms workout. I'm pretty chuffed for eventually achieving this . Now to repeat tomorrow
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    O
    takumar wrote: »
    I've always been an early riser (4:00 am) so jumping from bed to rowing machine for a 2000m row is the first thing I do. I feel much looser after a 14 minute session. Then shower, shave and off to the gym for a real one hour workout by 7:00am.

I too am with you most Days. Today we are preparing for daughter s wedding. Hate to miss am recess. But this day is for the team!!!!
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Oh my god... I'll just sit here and stare at you amazing morning people :open_mouth:
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I just started doing morning workouts. Last week was my 2 day in a row "trial period" since my son had late or no swim practice to be at. This week was my true 5 Day Challenge.

I don't like coffee first thing, but I love my PWO (I like Jym or I'm trying to use up the Fast Fuel I got when it was on sale).

Since my son has to be to swim between 5:30-6:30 depending on schedule I'm already working to get out of bed by 5.

Before I started trying to do this I searched the forums and found awesome advice. Some of the best is to put your gear together (IDK how people can sleep in their workout clothes) but I found that needed to include my HRM and my wireless speaker thingy.

I put my timer with my gloves so I don't have to waste time searching in the main bag for it.

I work to eliminate wasted rest periods between sets by putting the weights for the next set together in between rest for the current. I don't have to do that on the weekends.

Even things like letting the dog out and waiting for her to come back in were time thieves.

Luckily I only need to go out to the garage, but I'm learning it takes me 10-15 minutes to even get out there if I let it.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    for those of you who have to workout in the morning : how do you motivate yourself to get moving so early??

I'm finding the only time I have for a workout is 5:00 - 5:30 or 6:00 am . I'm struggling though. My brain is foggy before my coffee, and my body is sluggish. How do I get myself up and moving, when the prospect of rather drinking my cup of coffee in peace, before the chaos of family life starts?

I've been doing it for so long I can't sleep past 5, so I'll tell you my secrets if you tell me how to sleep in on my off days :) Actually, I guess I just did tell you my secret - you just get used to it after a while. At first my key was to have the coffeemaker go off. I'm such a junkie that the smell of coffee lures me out of bed without fail.

I listen to podcasts as I work out. Lately it's been Serial. I get up excited to listen to it that I don't go back to sleep once I'm up. Although I'm almost at the end of the season and don't know what to do when it's over.

PM me if you want a list of science/history podcasts.

• tjcuts339
    Options
    The important thing is all are thinking and planning. How THEY can do this with all the busy schedules children / partner spouses exccedra. But the key is you all are playing this out in are mind s. *You are actually beginning to plan your journey. It's you and it's personal me time. You Go do this my friend's. You will feel ready for the day. Good Luck!! You can do this:!!!
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am not a "morning person", or a "night owl", I just like my sleep in general. BUT I know the only way I can get my workouts in consistently is if I do them at 5am.

So I set my alarms (4:45, 4:50, 4:55) and when I started I only got up about 1/3rd of the time, but I just kept setting my alarms every morning, and now I get up every time. I'm not bright and cheery miss sunshine, but I'm up, and after my warm up I feel human.
    ETA: Sometimes I take a pre-workout if I'm dragging a bit. I like Optimum Nutrition's Amino Energy, it doesn't make me shaky or upset my stomach like a lot of others.
  • tjcuts339
    Options
    It's you time Leaving before any body s up that's my plan. Jumping in car bluetooth your work out tune s. Crank up your tune s pump YOU up. !! Bring it in gym. Your rolling. You feel better. Awake. Really ready for days challenge s
  • tjcuts339
    Options
    On rout Going to have some Fun. Yaaay missed yesterday. Felt. Not so good

• takumar
    Options
    tjcuts339 wrote: »
    On rout Going to have some Fun. Yaaay missed yesterday. Felt. Not so good

I'm sure your daughter gave you a note excusing yesterday, so it's OK.
  • tjcuts339
    Options
    You are right. Thanks 4 like. We will stay strong. Great day and peace. To you have great day
    It is!!!
  • tjcuts339
    Options
    Feeling strong and focused. Now. .Never stop the jouney. Never!!!!
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've been working out at 5:00 am for three years. I get my clothes out the night before. I buy new tunes every month or so. It's a struggle to get up some days but I JUST DO IT! I can't wake up without working out now. Just make yourself do it. That's all I can say. The proof is in the pudding. :D
  • dextersgramps
    dextersgramps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For me my shift at work starts at 6am and it`s 40 minutes drive so I do my workouts after a 10 hr shift and it can be tough not to say I`ll go tomorrow.On my day off I`ll go @7:30 and what a difference in energy for the rest of the day
  • Scott2bfit
    Scott2bfit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on my treadmill at 4 AM as I'm usually out the door to work by 6. I envy anyone that can workout after a work day! Even when I get home seems like the phone won't stop ringing. Morning workouts do give you a lot more energy through the day! :D
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have 6:00 am workouts Tuesday-Saturday. I always make sure that my workout clothes are laid out so I just have to jump out of bed, get dressed and go workout. I am doing T25 at home so it helps that I don't have to go far to get a good workout in! I've been noticing that now that it's part of my routine, it isn't as hard to wake up anymore!