Shakeology..

Options
Anybody using this? Just started my MFP and really want to loose weight but shakeology is too expensive.
Any advice for alternative replacement meal that works... THANKS

Replies

• seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is a massive sham - it's literally nothing more than you'd get from a steak, some spinach, and a vitamin pill and is a HUGE waste of money - which is why I'm glad it's too expensive for most people. Hopefully it will go away soon.

You will usually spend a lot less on whole, clean foods than you will on any kind of meal replacement outside of a big sale. Still, GNC sometimes has Muscle Milk on sale for $1 a serving ($30 a container). If you do feel the need to use something, I'd stick with that, no more than once a day, and make sure you're still eating real food the other 4-5 meals a day.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I take a fish oil supplement, vitamin supplement (both sold from a company in New Zealand called x-tend life) and use a protein powder from Biochem Sports (on Amazon.com).

These items combined are less expensive than Shakeology and are helping me with my nutritional goals. Good luck!
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    MUSCLE MILK, MUSCLE MILK, MUSCLE MILK!. I am in love with muscle milk. It tastes really good. If you add real milk to the powder, it adds even more protein. I throw it in the blender with a 1/2 banana too. But a "shaker" cup with a top works well too.
    Myoplex has great powders too.

I heard the cheap ones from Walmart and GNC brand are gross. I didn't want to waste $18 to find out for myself so I just stick with the muscle milk which is about $25 for a big canister at GNC - lots of flavors too.
  • pekka930
    pekka930 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks for the reply and advice...