Starting Again

Options
Does anyone else do this? I tried starting to eat better and exercise in January. I made it a couple of weeks, then I stopped. So now I'm going to try again for February. I'm already off track but am going to get back on. Last year, I did this. Tried in Jan., got off track, started again in Feb., got off track, March, etc... Then pretty soon it was summer time and I hadn't lost any weight. I'm not going to do that again this year.

Replies

• sanjw1966
    sanjw1966 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did something similar last year. Each month I said I'll start logging food, walking to work and exercising next month and ended the year heavier than I have ever been. It took me until this January to get into the right frame of mind but I have now lost 8lb and have logged every day for over a month. Hang in there and you will do it if you really want it.
  • firegurl126
    firegurl126 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. It's good that you keep coming back! Wish you the best!
  • samanthabratton2015
    Options
    Story of my life

It's crazy how motivated we can be when that ball drops on New Year's and then BOOM, I'm eating a cheesy potato burrito from Taco Bell (the devil) in my car listening to Taylor's son "Shake it Off"

My life.

But just think about walking into the mall, it's middle of May and you NEED new clothes cause it's damn hot outside and you only have jeans, think about going into stores and just feeling that terrible feeling we all get when we walk into a dressing room and look in the mirror and say, why didn't I just stay with my diet. Thinking about how you could be looking at that smaller size on your bum. we mm, I need to run..

You can do this, don't think about you "should have's" and "didn't"
    all you. all new.

now

You got this!
  • drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Baby steps, 1 thing at a time. I've been like that so that I just gave up. Well, I started in Nov. Just the logging - it was new to me. And it made me aware and I started paying attention and making choices. Not 'dieting', just choices. Didn't even tell anyone. Then in Jan I added water (hate to drink water), that was a big one and thought about exercising. Didn't go for something big, but something I could do and might stick with. Walking is easy. I new if I committed to the gym or something else I wouldn't do it. Looked for walking on YouTube and found the Leslie Sansone ones. Wow 5 min, 15 mins. I could do that, when I wanted w/o telling anyone. I liked them and would do a 2nd and 3rd video. Then I started getting involved in the community groups. I am not a social person and that was something new but I since I was doing the walking I joined the 100 mile challenge, figuring I wouldn't complete it or maybe get to 40 miles. I did 109 for Jan. I had a bad weekend and Sun nite I realized I hadn't put anything in the log and I was mad at myself. Put on my happy music and danced around the house for almost a half hour. I'm still going at it, have shared at work and even started doing the walking tapes at the end of work for the ones who want to join me. Do I eat a donut or Alfredo? Yea, but only 1 and next meal I'll make it healthier and it will be ok.