Not seeing results :(

Options
I have been working so hard, hitting my calorie goal every day & going to the gym 2/3 times a week, but this week (my best week diet & exercise wise) the scale just hasn't moved! It's really dissapointing as i've just started this journey, and i'm beginning to feel discouraged. Does anyone have any awesome workouts or anything that could help?

Replies

• Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I have been working so hard, hitting my calorie goal every day & going to the gym 2/3 times a week, but this week (my best week diet & exercise wise) the scale just hasn't moved! It's really dissapointing as i've just started this journey, and i'm beginning to feel discouraged. Does anyone have any awesome workouts or anything that could help?

How long have you been at it, how much do you have to lose and how accurate is your logging?
  • ryanbrowning115
    ryanbrowning115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, this happens. Anytime you start a new fitness regimen you could be holding onto some extra water weight and gaining muscle. I suggest you take measurements and take weekly pictures to track your progress.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    The scale isn't the only method of measuring results! How do you feel, look, fit into your clothes? Is your fitness improving?

And if you just started, don't expect overnight results. You didn't gain 40 pounds in a week... It's not going to come off that fast either.
  • tegancrow15
    tegancrow15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Been at it since january & have lost 2kilos to date, but i just can't crack the next kilo mark! My aim is to lose 20kilos all up. I've completely changed my lifestyle etc so I can reach that goal. I feel so much better & a little more confident which is awesome. I guess i'm just expecting too much too quick. It's just disheartening I guess not to see the results on the scale. I'm probably due to measure myself now you mention it. Thanks guys :)
  • KFNicole
    Options
    Sweetie, the scales may have stayed the same but I promise you haven't
  • tegancrow15
    Options
    KFNicole wrote: »
    Sweetie, the scales may have stayed the same but I promise you haven't

Just what I needed to hear! Thank you :)
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, it will come good eventually if you persevere.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    So you lost over 4 pounds in the past month. The ideal goal is to lose 1-2 pounds a week, so you my friend, are right on track. Keep doing what you're doing, and you will continue to get there. It's not a race, slow weight loss is more likely to become PERMANENT weight loss.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Yeah you really have to keep doing it. I've been doing this for more than a year, and there have been weeks when the scale has not moved at all. In fact, they've often gone up for no apparent reason, but I just keep doing it, and usually what happens is right after a spike in weight, I'll lose like a pound and a half overnight.

I don't know why, but it seems like that always happens. So don't worry about it. Just keep doing what you're doing.
  • KFNicole
    Options
    (*) Golud pawb ei ymgais (*)

One's effort is one's reward!! One of my favourite Welsh quotes, and my high school motto. You will achieve if you strive to succeed but battles aren't won in the quick fight but in the years of dedication
  • tegancrow15
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Yeah you really have to keep doing it. I've been doing this for more than a year, and there have been weeks when the scale has not moved at all. In fact, they've often gone up for no apparent reason, but I just keep doing it, and usually what happens is right after a spike in weight, I'll lose like a pound and a half overnight.

I don't know why, but it seems like that always happens. So don't worry about it. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Good on you for keeping at it for so long! i'm glad it's not just me experiencing it! Thank you :)
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    You need to measure in additon to the scale and without an open diary there is no way for us to help. Make sure you are getting lots of protein, water and fiber. Cutting and limiting processesed foods, fats and carbs.
  • tegancrow15
    Options
    So you lost over 4 pounds in the past month. The ideal goal is to lose 1-2 pounds a week, so you my friend, are right on track. Keep doing what you're doing, and you will continue to get there. It's not a race, slow weight loss is more likely to become PERMANENT weight loss.

Thank you! Hearing that what i've lost already is setting me on the right track is super encouraging! :)
  • roxilegend
    roxilegend Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    One week is nothing. Every other week since I've started losing weight the scale will stay the same, but the next week will show at least a 1lb loss. Just keep at it - if after a few more weeks nothing has changed still, then reevaluate! Until that happens though, don't stress so much!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. Even if you do everything 100% right (which you won't always :)) some weeks you will lose more, some weeks less, and some weeks you might even gain a little. Just stay on track, don't get discouraged, and look for a downward trend over weeks and months.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to update your weight-loss into MFP so it can recalculate your calorie needs.
  • Rafase282
    Rafase282 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Well I first is the time you have been working out, it takes a few weeks for changes to be shown, weight alone is not the best way, you could lose fat, and gain muscle, the weight could stay the same but the composition be different. I have in some cases increased in weight, not due to fat but muscle.
  • Danni_peck
    Options
    Keep going! Persistence is how you get rid of that weight.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have had super good weeks and nothing happened on the scale so I definitely understand your frustration. I started using the fit of my clothes, inches lost, and reaching certain fitness goals as a better indicator of weight loss than a scale. I have lost almost 50 pounds before I dropped a pant size, and recently I lost 9 pounds and have almost went down two pant sizes. That is also way more motivating than what the scale says!

Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • jschmidtleonard
    Options
    I feel your frustration. I have been watching my intake and hitting the gym 5 days a week and I have gained 10lbs in the past two weeks. I delivered a beautiful baby girl almost 5 weeks ago and I'm trying to train for a half marathon. I keep racking my brain for plausible reasons for this change in weight...ugh! Just know we are all rooting for you.