5:2 diet and MFP

Options
Hi, i'm trying the 5:2 diet and using MFP to track calories, it would be helpful if MFP recognised diets like this. Is anyone else on 5:2 and if so do you stick to your advised weight loss calorie allowance intake for the 5 "feast" days?
I've been feeling really cold and tired too. Is this the diet and will it pass??
Thanks.

Replies

• wolfect
    wolfect Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about trying it. I'm still trying to gather information so I go into knowing what I'm doing/what to expect. Are you eating 500 calories on your fast days? What I read said you should eat all of the calories you would burn on your "feast days" - so whatever your TDEE is. When did you start doing the diet?
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've tried it and did not feel tired or cold. You need to make sure you eat your tdee or if you are doing mfp method maintenance plus Excercise calories on the days you are not fasting. You should not be eating at a 500 calorie deficit on these days
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I have been on 5:2 for a while. I love it! I eat 500 on fast days and maintenance (tdee) on non fast days.

I am not cold, nor tired on fast days.