Motivation :( and Support :(

Options
So here lately I've had absolutely no motivation, the first few days I didn't think much of it. Then after a couple of weeks or so, I kept telling myself, ok today your gonna do something, it never happened though. When I started to put some weight back on, I thought my husband would help light the fire again, we been going at this as partners. Turns out I was his motivation, now neither of us are doing anything! What do you guys do to find your motivation again, when you feel all hope is lost?

Replies

• pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My initial motivation was being sick and tired of being fat. I finally wanted to lose weight more than I wanted the constant indulgences of cake, cookies and ice cream. (And I plan to never let overindulgence become my normal ever again.)

I stopped making excuses and just started doing it. Every day. Not perfect every day, but as close as I could get. Just start counting the calories and moving more. It becomes second nature.

• crazykatlady_
    crazykatlady_ Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My motivation is how close I got to seeing "300" on my scale. Never. Again. Quitting is just not an option anymore for me.

I hope you can find something to ignite that spark in you again.
  • nnorris88
    nnorris88 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You're worth it!
  • jmbyrd72
    Options
    Take the first step back in the gym, know it's going to hurt for awhile but think about the time spent together and the feeling and satisfaction you used to get at the end of a good training session. The capability is there, find that drive and stick with it while climbing that hill!
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I feel my motivation waning I just think about how easily I could slip into my old habits and then into my old dress size again. I never want to be "that girl who was heavy and lost a bunch of weight but got heavy again because that's the way life is and weight loss isn't sustainable". I've been that girl before and I want to be stronger than that, I want to be better than that, and that's what's motivated me when I'm feeling low (narcissistic I know haha but it's better than nothing and has kept me going for about 3 years now!)
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Losing weight and getting healthy is hard.
    Being fat with the promise of potential health issues is hard.
    Choose your hard.
  • s_light
    s_light Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all advice guys!!
  • Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the fat clothes. That way it gets really expensive to gain weight
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If you knew this time you would be a success, what would you hope to gain at the end of it?
  • amandapearl81
    amandapearl81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Choose your hard.

This is awesome!
  • JY_010171
    JY_010171 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've failed at every attempt to get start every single day for months now. I feel disappointed with myself, I have to start
  • lorivu27
    Options
    Choose your hard.

This is awesome!

Totally agree! Love this quote!!!
  • anacd
    anacd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not the queen of motivation either and to be honest, starting a healthier lifestyle was much more difficult this time around. What got me motivated this time was that I found the need to eat healthier and lose weight, especially when the scale hit the 200lbs! Some strategies I've been using to keep me focused are reading success stories of people who were around the same weight I am and want to lose about the same amount; seeing their before and after pictures help me to think how I will look like when I lose all those extra pounds :) The other thing I do is keeping an old picture of how I looked like when I was at my best weight: it makes me want to go back to that :)
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Choose your hard.

Awesome! Love this!
  • pockornJulie
    pockornJulie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    "We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret." -Jim Rohn
  • pockornJulie
    pockornJulie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've failed at every attempt to get start every single day for months now. I feel disappointed with myself...
    Something to keep in mind is that "starting" can be as small as parking further out in the parking lot, walking for 5 or 10 minutes During a break in the day, or even grabbing a yogurt for a midnight snack instead of the icecream that sounds so tasty. Making small goals for your day or week can add up to a major impact. Feeling disappointed in yourself only hampers your ability to see the good things you've done and decreases your likelihood of doing other things to meet your goals. You can do this. You just have to remember to breathe. It starts with one dicision. What is something you are proud of today? What is one thing you did differently today? I don't care if it means you walk to the end of the block and back. You've got this. So what of yesterday was a "bad" day and you didn't do things how you planned. Today is a different day and another opportunity.
  • tdecel
    tdecel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    s_light wrote: »
    What do you guys do to find your motivation again, when you feel all hope is lost?

I turn the computer off and go for a walk.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I can't rely on anyone else to do this. My husband (without meaning to) derails me all the time by suggesting things like pizza or a second cappuccino. It's all on me. My weight got to the highest it has ever been and I hated the way I felt. Hated the way I looked. That's what I think about - not wanting to be that way anymore. I track my weight everyday and that helps me. You have to find that "something" in you that makes you wanna do it. And if you have a bad day, it doesn't mean that it's over. It's a process. And a new way of thinking. I do t know of this helps. I do t know what motivates others!