Peanut butter!

Options
I am a big believer of moderation in all things. However, when it comes to peanut butter I just can't get enough! This is a problem for me considering that 2 tbsp is 190 calories! Apples and peanut butter are my favorite thing in the world. But I have always found that 2 tbsp isn't enough. However, I have found that if I melt the peanut butter and mix in the chopped apple those 2 tbsp evenly coat the bite sized pieces. This has really helped me control my portions as well as calories. If there are any tricks you know of that help you eat your favorite foods with out going overboard please share!

Replies

• LiveForTheWilderness
    Options
    I absolutely love PB2 as a low calorie peanut butter option.
  • cocmares
    cocmares Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Creative! Love it!!!
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Same thing....

PB2 is GREAT for shakes, but I need my natty PB for oatmeal and foe chicken dipping sauces and....just for an appetite killer.

PB is one of the reasons I can't/won't and do not desire to be uber thin/lean....I like the way I look at 15% body fat or so and like being able to eat some PB when I want to.

I tend to buy a jar only 1/2 the time I do weekly/bi weekly shopping though.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I find when I pair it with other proteins carbs and fats it's more satisfying. Like a slice of pumpernickel bread with tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter paired with a couple eggs scrambled.
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE ME SOME PEANUT BUTTER, I COULD JUST ABOUT LIVE ON IT. MY MAJOR WEEKNESS IS VANILLA ICE CREAM WITH NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER POURED ALL OVER IT. But I think that's where those last twenty pounds came from- the twenty pounds that took me from overweight to OBEASE. I love the " Trim Healthy Mama" diet/ new healthy lifestyle.
    - There is a recipe for peanut butter fudge- I make something similar, I mix 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, with a drop of stevia liquid, you can dip apples in it or pour it into a wax paper lined pan and freeze/ refrigerate, cut into tiny squares and nmmmmmm they melt in your mouth ... And coconut oil is SO GOOD FOR YOU.
  • yaro2014
    yaro2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pb is a definite problem for me. Love it and can't control myself around it. The only thing that works for me is to not have it in my house. Problem is it is one of the few foods my son likes so it is generally around
  • savinoca
    Options
    PB is my main weakness and I just can't have it in my house.

And at times when I'm 100% zoned in on my diet, and I think I can totally deal with having in the house for a small snack, or to cook with... it just takes one taste, one day, and the next thing I know, I've eaten the whole jar (or at least half).

It's almost scary, the effect it has over me!
  • VanessaOrozco082314
    Options
    savinoca wrote: »
    PB is my main weakness and I just can't have it in my house.

And at times when I'm 100% zoned in on my diet, and I think I can totally deal with having in the house for a small snack, or to cook with... it just takes one taste, one day, and the next thing I know, I've eaten the whole jar (or at least half).

It's almost scary, the effect it has over me!

That's exactly how I am! Or was. Since I couldn't control myself I just wouldn't buy it, but when I would I'd devour it within in a couple of days! So I decided the best thing was to not deprive myself of it. Melting it before I put it on anything really helps me from getting too "peanut butter happy," it makes it easier to spread and keeps me from feeling like I need more to cover whatever it is that i'm eating.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    I had a peanut butter in moderation challenge last week. It didn't go so well. I'm transitioning into maintenance and it was still hard. I'm not keeping the last bit of the jar in the house.
  • savinoca
    Options
    That's exactly how I am! Or was. Since I couldn't control myself I just wouldn't buy it, but when I would I'd devour it within in a couple of days! So I decided the best thing was to not deprive myself of it. Melting it before I put it on anything really helps me from getting too "peanut butter happy," it makes it easier to spread and keeps me from feeling like I need more to cover whatever it is that i'm eating.

That sounds like a great plan but I admit, I'm scared to try it! I'm doing pretty well right now and don't want to risk the dreaded PB relapse :wink: ... it's been 3 weeks since my last one, lol.
    arditarose wrote: »
    I had a peanut butter in moderation challenge last week. It didn't go so well. I'm transitioning into maintenance and it was still hard. I'm not keeping the last bit of the jar in the house.

Yeah, it's tough.