Has anyone tried the 30 day squat challenge?

Options
i'm halfway through the challenge and i love it because it challenges me so much! Im doing the squats all at once rather than different sets throughout the day.
Has anyone here tried it and if so are you happy with your results?

Replies

• IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I did it last year. As far as results, well, I had to take almost a year off from working out (health issues, multiple hospitalizations etc) I gained back ten pounds, but my butt STILL looks good LOL! Now, I also did weighted squats and deadlifts, though not with huge amounts of weight (not allowed), and I think it's the weights that help most.
  • Badkarma5150
    Badkarma5150 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to just burn calories..i may dd it to my. Cardio
  • Amduc
    Amduc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did the Buns, guns and abs challenge last month and this month am working through the abs and squat challenge. I do love doing them and feel better when done! I have partnered with a friend from work so we text each other when it gets hard. Lol!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I did it last year. As far as results, well, I had to take almost a year off from working out (health issues, multiple hospitalizations etc) I gained back ten pounds, but my butt STILL looks good LOL! Now, I also did weighted squats and deadlifts, though not with huge amounts of weight (not allowed), and I think it's the weights that help most.

Yes, added weight is the way to go. Squatting that often (squat challenges) only helps with endurance. If you want to gain strength, you should squat heavy.