Support, please?

Options
Hey, I'm Freya and I'm really concious of my body.
I need to lose this weight to be happy, confident and ...well normal.
My friends always nag me on my calorie-counting addiction but I've only been going for a few days!
I don't understand them to be honest.
Look, I'm never going to do this without the help and I want to be happy and confident :(
Will you guys PLEASE support me?

Replies

• TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    welome to the site. It's a great place to get support and share with people on a similar path.
    Feel free to add for support.
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Of course! I am extremely self conscience if my body as well, I am terrified that I am not going to look good in my wedding dress! We can get over the issues together :)
  • krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Freya and I'm really concious of my body.
    I need to lose this weight to be happy, confident and ...well normal.
    My friends always nag me on my calorie-counting addiction but I've only been going for a few days!
    I don't understand them to be honest.
    Look, I'm never going to do this without the help and I want to be happy and confident :(
    Will you guys PLEASE support me?

Of Course ill help you.. Feel free to add me.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    If you want support, you're in the right place :smile:
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    absolutely !! Please feel free to add me :happy:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Your happiness and confidence need to come from within, not how you look or from the number on the scale. Losing weight can be difficult and having support helps, but if you need to be happy with who you are as a person or you'll never be happy. Love yourself for who you are, be confident in the person you are. Being overweight sucks but it shouldn't make you feel bad about yourself.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs support and many of us know what you are going through. I don't get much support from my husband (if any). A lot of times he doesn't like to see me weigh my food, count the calories, etc. But what I do that helps me is to gently remind him I am not doing it for him, I am doing it for me. I don't expect him to change his ways. If I don't want something he made for dinner, I will make my own. Also, I have found that planning prior to going out is helpful. If you are going to a restaurant that has the menu online or if you have been to the restaurant before, I plan and map what I can eat in advance. Then when I get to the restaurant I am not worried about what to order or making anyone uncomfortable by checking all of the nutritional information prior to eating - I can just order what I had already planned on ordering and enjoy everyone's company.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hey,
    your friends are probably just jealous as you are making a conscious effort to change yourself for the better and they haven't got the courage to do it themselves - weight related or not,
    feel free to add me - we can all get there together :)
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I wanna invite you to add me...if you'd like. This site is so supportive and you meet lotsa people with all different ideas and advice! Its awesome and I'm totally addicted to it!
  • bootlebop1979
    Options
    That's what we are all here for. I have had something similar happen to me within the past week. We have to keep going for ourselves and not let others bring us down. We have to keep saying................ "I am doing this for myself! How I do things to get the best healthy results is my decision. If I'm not hurting myself or anyone else, back up off me"!!!

Feel free to add me. I would love to be part of your support system!!!
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Welcome and good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend as well
  • litamiller
    litamiller Posts: 2
    Options
    Way to go! I just got started myself. I joined a Biggest Loser program with a friend, so I don't feel so alone in it. I do know that it takes all of the help and support you can get. I would be honored to share this journey with you!
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    I'll support you! It helps keep me motivated in what I need to do for myself to support others. Please add me if you like. Starleng