Something isn't right...

Options
So I wasn't sure where to post this so sorry to people who thought this was something else! Anywho...last week I was eating and working out moderately good. This past weekend, I ate, not horribly, but definitely not good and had a 20 min pilates workout and 15 min run in for the weekend ( so didn't really workout that much). I also gained 2lbs (118) when I weighted myself over the weekend. This morning I was back at 116. Now, at lunch, I'm at 114.8. I'm sooooo confused on what's happening here. Should I even enter my "new" weight or wait till tomorrow. Thanks for your help in advance and sorry if this was confusing !

Replies

• krissy_pooo
    krissy_pooo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    its probably due to sodium and such that you "gained" the 2 lbs. I would wait until tomorrow and see if you are still 114, you probably will be, if not within the next couple days! it happens to me all the time. Ill lose a pound, the next day be a pound back up, but then be 2 lbs down the next time i weigh. it is confusing! but our bodies do crazy things lol
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I would wait until tomorrow.. Your weight flucuates a lot during the course of a day. Nice to know that you're losing though!
  • dhclyne
    dhclyne Posts: 1
    Options
    You may have eaten more sodium than usual and retained fluid. It takes a couple of days to pee it off. It will all even out over time.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. A pound is 3500 calories, so unless you ate over your BMR by about 7000 calories, it must be water, waste, etc.

I know it can be scary as heck though
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Your weight will fluctuate probably 2-5 lbs over the course of the day depending on what you eat and how much and if you drink water etc. You should only be weighing yourself once a week and at the same time of day to get the most accurate reading. Now I am a scale-a-holic and I will weigh every day BUT at the same time and I don't fret over a couple of pounds here or there as it will change the next day anyway.
    Make sure your batteries are good in your scale if you have one that takes batteries as you dont want to find out 2 weeks down the road that the scale hasn't been weighing correctly due to batteries that are dying.
    Hope this helps and good luck!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates throughout the day. I always try to weigh myself at the same time each day, in the same clothes (when I was at the gym, or undressed at home), and the same scale.
    Even weekly fluctuation are "normal." Especially if you're coming to your TOM
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Do you have a normal weigh in day and time? If so, I would go with that date. If not, I would choose a day that is good for you and use that day to post your weight to the site. As an example, my actual weigh in date to enter the weight on the site is Monday morning. However, I weigh myself usually on Wed. and definitely on Friday morning (to help me behave over the weekend). But the only number I enter is from Monday morning (good or bad). Also always use the same scale - this way you know it is calibrated and you know its little intricacies. Lastly, I would check the batteries in whatever scale you are weighing yourself (if it has batteries). I have been told that when batteries get low they can cause fluctuations in the weight the scale shows. I know I have to weigh myself 3 times and I take the weight that shows up twice. Good Luck!! :)
  • curvybird75
    Options
    I would suggest you ask yourself why you are weighing yourself daily, and at times several times a day?? This is not a healthy relationship with the scales and with sodium levels, gravity and other external events it doesn't give you a realistic picture of your progress!! Ideally you should be weighing yourself once a week, same day, same time, same clothes, same position for the scales - it will give you a much more accurate picture of your process.

Trust me, I went down that road and you can get really obsessive about weighing yourself, which then causes stress - and if you're stressed your body resists weight loss, so you're then in a vicious circle!!

I hope your journey goes well, and good luck x
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You need to weigh yourself in a consistent way. The easiest way to do this is first thing in the morning, before you eat or drink anything. Do it naked or in your undies just for consistency.

Also, stop getting on the scale so much! Of course your weight fluctuates from day to day! Try weekly weighins, as I've described.