So hungry when Iv used my calorie allowance!!

Options
i really need help! I am on a 1210 calorie allowance but by 7pm im so hungry I am going over by 200 calories haha. I only do light exercise as I only wish to gradually lose a few pounds. Any tips on what I could eat to help?

Replies

• StarLord71
    StarLord71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    if you like something sweet, you can eat a sugar-free Jell-o snack cup for only 9 calories
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Keep eating that extra 200 cals. The MFP number isn't set in stone. As long as the weight comes off, going over won't do anything except make a red number (hard for some people, I realize) on a computer monitor.
  • I absolutely understand what you mean! 1st I never ever go grocery shopping hungry; that keeps me from buying a lot of junk. However I need to break my computer/cellular because I ordered Pizza Hut, twice within about a week & I am still craving it. 2nd when I eat junk, I try to exercise more; to counteract it. 3rd I bought tasting forks/spoons, so that I don't consume so much so fast; it literally takes me twice as long to eat. 4th cut up your food, like steak as you eat it not before; it takes longer to eat it this way. 5th even cut up food, that you normally wouldn't; like pizza. Remember it takes about 20 Minutes, for us to feel full; while eating. If one is dieting, they're consuming less; thus it takes less time to consume. Eat slowly, taste every bite; it'll better help you feel satisfied. Also when/if possible, multitask while eating. Like while eating with someone else, engage them in conversation; in between bites. Basically the most important goal, to limiting how much we consume; is to spend as much time as possible consuming it.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Check into your calorie allowance....1210 is really too low for most people. You could be so hungry because you need more!
  • killerqueen21
    killerqueen21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You're eating too little, probably. 1210 is not very much at all. Especially with exercise. You need to up your intake.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i really need help! I am on a 1210 calorie allowance but by 7pm im so hungry I am going over by 200 calories haha. I only do light exercise as I only wish to gradually lose a few pounds. Any tips on what I could eat to help?

What are your stats? If you only want to lose a 'few pounds' then a 0.5lb deficit is sufficient.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back some of your exercise calories (if you log your exercise)? Your ticker says you want to lose 7#, so try changing your weight loss to .5#/week (-250 calories per day) if it's not that way already.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    fill up on salad and veggies with very little dressing. Maybe some eggs. Save the bread and pasta for special occasions. They make you more hungry and are high in calorie, go whole grain if you have to have some. Basically reverse your diet. Small portions of grains, very large portions of veggies.

Also, plan out your day ahead of time so you know what you can eat. Don't finish up with something sweet, it'll make you crave more. If you're going to have a sweet treat have it before something else.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Save some cals for after 7pm? Best thing I ever did for my adherence was to stop eating breakfast. I much prefer to consume more cals later in the day, and breakfast is an easy skip for me.
  • 1502princess
    Options
    I didn't know that abt carbs! I basically eat porridge in the morning, weight watchers meal for lunch and a good dinner with lots of salad but it's those sneaky little inbetweener snacks that get me!
  • 1502princess
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice :D
  • 1502princess
    Options
    I think you are all right, Iv dropped my goal to 0.5 per week which has upped my calorie intake but I'm still going to try not eat too late in evening :)
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    I'm still going to try not eat too late in evening :)

Why not?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I think you are all right, Iv dropped my goal to 0.5 per week which has upped my calorie intake but I'm still going to try not eat too late in evening :)

Why?
  • 1502princess
    Options

Why?

Well I got told that eating late means you don't burn it off as you are in bed? I'm a novice here so just going by people's thoughts haha
  • rcottonrph1
    Options
    As long as you burn more than 1400 daily (which nearly everyone does), you will lose. Why be hungry?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    If you're eating in a deficit the weight will eventually come off no matter when or where you eat it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options

Why?

Well I got told that eating late means you don't burn it off as you are in bed? I'm a novice here so just going by people's thoughts haha

Meal timing doesn't matter. Eat when you want and when it feels right.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    If you're eating in a deficit the weight will eventually come off no matter when or where you eat it.

Agreed