I have a somewhat simple question...

Options
I have a simple question, which I've heard an answer for but I want more feedback. When would be the best time to weight myself? I've heard in the morning before you eat. Is this true?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Morning after you do your business, before you eat. Consistency is key here.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I have a simple question, which I've heard an answer for but I want more feedback. When would be the best time to weight myself? I've heard in the morning before you eat. Is this true?

Yes. Ideally after you use the bathroom as well.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really matter when, as long as you weigh yourself under the same circumstances every time. It just so happens that weighing yourself in the morning before eating/drinking and after peeing is an easy way to achieve that.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is any 'best' time. You should weigh with consistent parameters... same time, same clothes, same scale etc... that way you ensure the reading is a true comparison. As for me, I weigh daily on the platform scale at work, before coffee & breakfast, with dress clothes (*whew*)
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    For consistencies sake, I try to weigh in the moring before eating, before showering, and after going potty.

As others have said, consistency is key. You weight fluctuates throughout the day due to food/water intake and bathroom breaks. Also, don't get hung up on daily fluctuations. Quite a few people I know only weight in and do their BF test once per week.
  • asmithling
    asmithling Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    As long as it is the same time everyday then it's totally up to you and your schedule! And as long as your wearing the same thing....you dont want your clothes to have too much of an effect! Hope this helps:)
  • martinezgabriel55
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input. It helps and is appreciated. Stay fit!