40th Bday, fell off the wagon and ran right over by it

Options
After a long stall I let it go today for a rampage of pizza, candy, cookies, the works. I feel sick bloated and full of self loathing. And not a single calorie made me feel 39 ^_^

But I'm slimmer, healther now than i've ever been in the previous 40 years. Heres to those of us dedicated to making the second half of our lives better than the first.

Replies

• hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Here, here, Happy Birthday!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I feel ya on that one, Happy Birthday too You!!!!
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! (*)
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I, too, am more health conscious and active now (age 49) than I was in the first 40 years of my life. Here's to 2nd acts!
  • kalegria24
    kalegria24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I've got 55 coming up in a few weeks... And I'm ready for my annual birthday box of Capt'n Crunch!!!! With an apple and a walk :)
  • hpeters2015
    hpeters2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday. I just turned 41 and it's so hard to lose 5 pounds..
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!!!!

We are all allowed days to 'let it go', it's part of a healthy lifestyle.. never loath yourself for it!
    I had one yesterday, I call them 'cheat days'.. some are worse(better?? lol) than others but in the end, one day a fortnight/month of eating things you like isn't going to destroy great progress!!

(to be fair mine was to end a bulk and start a cut.. Probably went over by around 3000, that is somewhat extreme!! 6 - 8 weeks of serious cutting now though, so I'm not overly bothered haha).

Have a great day and I hope your birthday was fantastic!!!!
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! Don't beat yourself up. Just try and remember how awful all that food made you feel and move on!
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday - just let it go Captain America!!! Beast the next 12 months and you'll feel 25 again, I know I do...
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday !! I try to remember 40.
    Had the same problem this past VacationDecemberYuleBirthdayChristmasNewYearFestivus Celebration. But I'm about 5lbs down from the tempory gain.
    My only New Years resolution this year is Winter Festivus will be celebrated in ONE DAY.
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Happy B day, Get back on, an alcoholic should not keep drinking if they relapse! Get back on that pony!
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to you. I once read an article about a woman who had lost 120 pounds the natural way. The only day of the year she did not follow her diet was on her birthday.
  • JasonH_DFW
    JasonH_DFW Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm back on the wagon and nearly lost my splurge gain which was mostly water anyway. :)
  • Tikibar72
    Tikibar72 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Happy birthday!