Strength training

Options
Why do I not see any calories being burn when I enter the strength exercises?

Replies

• lucasriggs5
    Options
    Because that's not how this website works. Enter your strength training into cardio to get some calories burnt if you really want. Although the point is moot when you consider how variable calories burnt from strength training are, you shouldn't really try to count them
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    it is impossible to know how much weight you've lifted - how many reps - how many sets - the level of exertion you've used.

You will only get calorie counts for cardio .... and moreover - they are only reasonably accurate for steady consistent cardio (ie - run for 30 mins at a constant pace). If you change your speed up and down throughout the 30 mins - the result will be much less accurate.

Wear a heart rate monitor and use the results from that *as a guide only*
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You can use alternate websites and figure out what you think is reasonable then create your own workout entries. It hasn't really seemed worth it to me, I feel like my protein shake probably makes up for my entire lifting regiment, but if you feel the need, that is the way I would go about it.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Enter it in the cardio section as strength training, circuit training or calisthenics as appropriate. Strength training in particular gives you quite a modest estimated amount of calories.
  • AdrianaRaby1984
    AdrianaRaby1984 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips