No loss!!

Options
hi, I've been doing the Atkins diet for 12 days, lost 7lb in the first week but no loss since. I haven't cheated either

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. The first 7lbs was most likely water weight due to sudden changes. It's unlikely a 24,500 calorie deficit was made in that time.

Patience, young grasshopper. As long as you are in a deficit, you will lose. It just won't be consistent all the time.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. The first 7lbs was most likely water weight due to sudden changes. It's unlikely a 24,500 calorie deficit was made in that time.

Patience, young grasshopper. As long as you are in a deficit, you will lose. It just won't be consistent all the time.

yep, all of this!
  • vikkir8
    vikkir8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah I guess I want instant results!! My calorie intake is around 1000 a day after excercise. I have lost 2in from my waist 1/2 inch from hips and 1 inch from each thigh so I'm doing something right. I'm also doing the 30 day shred!!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Atkins doesn't automatically mean you are in a deficit. You should still weigh and log your food.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    vikkir8 wrote: »
    Yeah I guess I want instant results!! My calorie intake is around 1000 a day after excercise. I have lost 2in from my waist 1/2 inch from hips and 1 inch from each thigh so I'm doing something right. I'm also doing the 30 day shred!!

Instant results = potential long term failure. You didn't put on this weight in a short period of time; don't try to take it off quickly. Learn sustainable changes that help you reach and maintain your goals. You also should probably be eating far more than 1,000 net per day.

• vikkir8
    vikkir8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    iuj2etitbu2o.jpg
    This is my typical totals for the day give or take a tiny bit. Does it look ok?
    Thanks