Clif Bars...Are They Okay?

Options
Are clif bars okay to have in my daily diet before workouts? It helps with energy before I workout but I don't know if it's bad to have them every day...

Replies

• sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Food is food... It's all okay. As long as you're within your calories, rock on!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    They're fine. Why would they be bad? I love Cliff bars.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I like them. If I eat them I just make sure they are within my calorie count for that day. I do that for everything though so yeah go ahead and eat them if you like them.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    May not be the best bars out there but I like them I had the chocolate almond fudge earlier today, if it fits in your macros your all good.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's fine. Just fit them in if you like them. And the Apple Pear Strudel ones are fantastic. :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If you like them, sure. Pure Protein or Quest will get your more protein for less calories, though. Not sure if you've ever tried those, but seems to be a little more bang for your buck.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    If you like them, sure. Pure Protein or Quest will get your more protein for less calories, though. Not sure if you've ever tried those, but seems to be a little more bang for your buck.

Clif bars are energy bars, not protein bars. They don't compete with each other.

• shaunsmoot
    shaunsmoot Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    These are high in calories, however its a great food choice to have in your car or purse when your hungry. It will keep you from going to the drive thru.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Yes, it's fine. Just fit them in if you like them. And the Apple Pear Strudel ones are fantastic. :)

Oh my God, yes, yes they are.

I can't wait for bike season. Fig Newtons are dead to me now.
  • fragileelegance
    fragileelegance Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    The white chocolate macedamia nut ones are delicous!
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    The white chocolate macedamia nut ones are delicous!

Those are my personal favorite! I also really enjoy the zbars they make for kids. They're a great snack.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Nope, they're the devil, they give me the worst heartburn.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    my brother is a runner and he eats his cliff bars . the guy is healthy as you can get
  • caroluherek
    caroluherek Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    They're good, have you tried Kind Bars? The have way less sugar, check them out.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yep - perfect for hard workout days. I like the peanut crunch ones.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I should add though - I don't have them every day because they're high - in calories and in cost.