ladies yet another TOM question!

Options
just wondering if anyone has worked out how to stop yourself wanting to eat your own body weight in food on the first days of your period?

If you may have guessed um having that problem at the moment so any advice would be great!

Replies

• Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    I go from one extreme to the other during my TOM... either I'm not hungry at all (I like those days!) or I'm in the kitchen every hour. I try to drink more water to feel fuller, attempt to make my meals smaller (that way I can eat more often), and also try to occupy myself so I'm not thinking about food. Trust me, I'm with ya sista!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I usually end up eating maintenance calories (or more) the first few days. I think it's natural; I'm not sure why, but it seems like my appetite goes back to normal after that. So maybe it's healthy, I dunno. I'm interested in hearing what everybody else has to say about this.
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I go and work out! It is the last thing I feel like doing, but I feel so much better when I am done.
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    youve lost alot of weight....eat what you need to and dont cut back as much on your period because your body is going through hell anyways.
    drink lots of water and eat rich whole foods too and that might help