Chocolate struggles

Options
Hey I am Sam. I'm new here and I just want to share my chocolate addiction problem. So far my daily goal hasn't been going well. Share your tips on heathy snacking ideas and how not to overindulge. :smile:

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I allow some things in my allotted calories for the day. For example, I love Chips Ahoy with 2 % milk. I look forward to about 2 or 3 nights of my cookie fix.

But during the day, I am healthy snacking on nuts, pickles, peanut butter and graham crackers!

I have to allow something I enjoy in this journey, or I would throw in the towel! I also, will get out my portion in the kitchen, put the package back in the cabinet and only eat what I took out the package and I do not eat it in the kitchen...
  • TrueMandalorian
    Options
    Welcome! I too am a chocoholic so I feel your pain. One thing I try to do is eat something every two hours. This helps me avoid binge eating later in the day and also helps keep the old metabolism humming.

For the chocolate cravings I'm staying away from the overly processed candy bars and going with "raw" dark chocolate when I can find it. If I'm under my sugar and calorie goals for the day I'll grab a Cliff bar, Kind bar, or a few cubes of a Lindt bar.
  • siouxzcue
    siouxzcue Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is my vice too! I try to keep some Dove Promises pieces around and limit myself to 3 or 4 a day. That way I don't feel horribly deprived. I don't mind a good quality dark chocolate, but I crave the creaminess of a good milk chocolate. My favorite junk candy bar is a Snickers bar. They taunt me from the convenience store shelves! Gaaaah!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I find the darker the chocolate, the less I need to satisfy the cravings. I could easily eat a half pound of milk chocolate, but with 86% dark, one or two squares will do. It obviously doesn't taste as sweet, but now that I'm used to it, anything under 70% isn't chocolatey enough for me.
  • MythicalMe84
    MythicalMe84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate too! I eyeball the dark chocolate every time I am in Walmart but pass it up. Instead, I have been trying the chocolate flavored yogurts but it just isn't the same.
  • Rosie5151
    Rosie5151 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have to have some sort of chocolate maybe every other day. I found a great bar at Trader Joe's. No sugar in this bar at all! Its a very dark chocolate so it really does the trick!
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have the biggest chocolate weakness ever! I have at least a bar a day and fit it into my calories. I feel like I would be miserable otherwise..
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Make room in your budget for chocolate. Last night I had a bowl of cereal and 2 Bueno Chocolate Eggs and was still under my goal.