Starting Again...

Options
This is like my third try at this and it's 100% my own fault.
Today I came back from the doctor and due to my lifestyle, stress, extra padding I have some serious health issues.
So, I am hoping to start again, stay consistent and hope to make the improvements I need for a healthier more satisfying life.

Replies

• wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. It works.

I really didn't feel any different the first month even though I lost 10 pounds. I stuck with the program and the weight just kept coming off. Now I feel much better and people are complimenting me on my weight loss. Wow.... that sounds good too.

I didn't try to do anything special. I just watched my caloric intake and started walking about 20-minutes three times a week. Every couple of weeks I'd increase a few minutes and add another day of walking each week. I never felt any pain and the walks became more & more enjoyable.

Hang in there this time. You will succeed one day at a time.
  • ultimatecutie
    ultimatecutie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

They say 3 times the charm, right? Don't be hard on yourself, it's also YOU that has come back and started again on your weight loss journey. YOU can do this!

It's all about baby steps :) I'm sure you have heard tons of tips before, but i'll share one that really helps me: Before you eat something, ask yourself "Will this help me get CLOSER or further away from my goal?" if the answer is further away, then maybe reconsider a healthier/more nutritious option? It's hard to resist temptation sometimes, but even if that question helps you make one smarter decision a day, then i think it's worth it!

You and your health are worth it too!
    Good luck!
  • IDGirl25
    IDGirl25 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks you guys, I appreciate the support and will start with the walking and using this site.
  • rebeccajoy
    rebeccajoy Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi hon!! Welcome back! ;-)
    I am the same. this is probably my 5th or more try at losing weight. But I am not giving up this time!
    You can do it. Take one day at a time. Each day is a new day to start fresh and prove to yourself and others that you
    can do it. Make little goals for yourself (ie, 5 lbs lost new shirt, etc.) to keep yourself motivated but don't look too
    far into the future or it can get scary!
    I am proud of you for trying again. Each time you fall, get back up again, and start going again. You CAN do it. You Will do it. ;-) Don't let anyone tell you you can't succeed at this because you can.

Cheering you on!!!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Ultimate - great advice!

Everything that enters my body should bring me CLOSER to my goal!