Healthy freezer meals

Options
R3b3cc4Whit
R3b3cc4Whit Posts: 7 Member
Hi,
Looking for ideas! I'm a busy mum, work full time and when I get home the last thing I want to do is cook! I'm looking for freezer meals I can cook in batch then just reheat at tea time.
So far we do chilli, spaghetti Bol, cottage/shepherd pie....
Any other suggestions? Any ideas appreciated, thanks xx

Replies

• MissTitch
    MissTitch Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try Hairy dieaters books, they have loads of ideas in that are healthy and freezerable, just becauseful with the portion sizes cause they are small.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I like to cook a turkey breast or spiral ham on the weekend and slice. I bag the portions individually and then put all of the small bags into a larger one that is labeled with what type of meat, how many oz in each baggie, and the date I cooked/froze it. You can easily bag in family-size portions and label accordingly.

Another thing that is very easy is mock turkey chili - brown some ground turkey, pour in a can of whole kernel corn and a can of black beans (drained and rinsed well). Mix in some salsa. Bag in individual or family portion sizes and freeze flat. Once frozen, put all the baggies in one large bag that is labeled.

I also pre-cook turkey burgers and grilled chicken and freeze for easy defrosting and re-heating.

Meatballs in sauce are also easily pre-made and frozen in bags or containers. Easy to defrost overnight and warm for dinner. Just add steamed or blanched vegetables or a salad.