Today's (Little) Victory

Options
I posted this same thing in another thread, but thought it might make a good thread all on it's own.

What's one small thing you did today (or small permanent change you've made) that made you feel successful? Like the lightbulb went off and you thought, "Man I'm really doing this!"

For me, it's these two things ...

You know those single serve ice creams that Edy's/Dreyer's and Ben and Jerry's makes? That are like 1/2 a cup or 1 cup or something? I had HALF of one of those for dessert yesterday, and was so damn proud of myself for putting the rest back. I've been known to eat 2-3 cups of ice cream in a sitting so ... big accomplishment for me.

I hate exercise, but know it's important. So, I downloaded Sworkit and do five minute exercises one time per day during my lunch break. Sometimes I can't even do all five minutes at once without getting tired. Frankly, I don't care, because the 25 minutes I got in this week is 25 minutes more than I did last week. Starting somewhere. It'll be 300 minutes eventually.

Replies

• megganjeninngs69
    megganjeninngs69 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thats kinda how im looking at things to. I have to do this forever so i figure if its slow going thats ok my little victory today was i lost .5 inch in my waist nd thigh :D i didnt lose any lbs but its somthing dag gone it!!!:p
  • uptownplum
    uptownplum Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thats kinda how im looking at things to. I have to do this forever so i figure if its slow going thats ok my little victory today was i lost .5 inch in my waist nd thigh :D i didnt lose any lbs but its somthing dag gone it!!!:p

Sure is! Good job :flowerforyou:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    300 minutes of SworkIt cardio? Yeah, that would be insane.

I hate/love that app.
  • decblessings
    decblessings Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Every little bit counts! It adds up, and I think you're more likely to stick to it if you make gradual changes rather than jumping in head first and getting burnt out quickly.

This morning I showed up at the gym before 5. That's not THAT unusual, but I never actually get out of bed to go unless I'm meeting friends there (and part of me is always hoping I wake up to text messages saying they backed out - because they seem to more often than not!). My little victory was being motivation enough for myself.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I ordered four tops online about 4 months ago. I wasn't sure about the size so I ordered two different sizes. Well, the smaller size was way too small. I told myself "I will never fit into this, I should send it back." I decided to wait to see if I would actually lose that much weight and if they might fit me one day. This morning I tried it on and it fits loosely. I can hardly believe it.
  • Sercee
    Sercee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Today's victory was a distinct and sudden realization and acceptance about a bad eating thing I do, coupled with the formation of a better plan going forward. I don't like calling a "plan" a victory, but focus is better than flailing and it's only 10:00. I'll find another victory by the time I'm home from the gym tonight!
  • hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I did a walking video for the 3rd day in a row. I'm trying to figure out how/where I'm going to do it tomorrow because we have my fiances daughter and one of her friends and they will be camped out in the living room tonight, tomorrow and part of Sunday.
  • lisabrezina1980
    lisabrezina1980 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am excited to get to the gym! My legs are sore and tired but I know I will feel better when I get moving. Oh and I have lost 12 pounds. It's not much but it's something. :) I never thought I would look forward to the gym...
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    hludwig980 wrote: »
    I did a walking video for the 3rd day in a row. I'm trying to figure out how/where I'm going to do it tomorrow because we have my fiances daughter and one of her friends and they will be camped out in the living room tonight, tomorrow and part of Sunday.

How old are they? I'd say, have them do it with you! Depending on their ages they may think it's silly, but whatever - it may teach them something down the road about making exercise a priority!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options

This is NOT a "little" victory - this is huge! Congrats! IMO losing actual inches (or half inches) is much more important than the # on the scale. We all know how deceiving that can be. Good job!
  • kelroberts21
    kelroberts21 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I signed up to compete in a fitness competition at my gym. I was on the fence about it, and my trainer says "it might help you get those last 12 lbs off!" Considering I started off trying to lose 60, it sounded crazy to think I'm so close to the end. I've actually DONE this for almost a year...and plan to keep revising my goals!
  • uptownplum
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    300 minutes of SworkIt cardio?

Oh jeez no, I'd get so bored. I like Zumba … trying to figure out if I can budget some classes in. The DVDs, etc don't do anything for me.
  • w0den
    w0den Posts: 84
    Options
    Chocolate cake made me sick! That has never happened before :smile:
  • scookbey
    scookbey Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I had to be at work at 10am but I went to sleep around 2:30am. I told myself that I was going to workout before work so I set my alarm to 8:15a (I work very close to my job). I snoozed until 8:25am and told myself that I was going to workout after work (which rarely happens). I realized that I did go over my calorie intake yesterday and that gave me enough motivation to get out of bed & do some cardio this morning!
  • uptownplum
    Options
    I got in 4,000 extra steps today by shopping at the mall. :D