Jillian Michaels Products...anyone know anything about them?

Options
I have become a HUGE fan of Jillian Michaels' workouts and am considering purchasing her Fat Burner as well as her Calorie Control pills. As a fitness pro I trust her judgment and that she wouldn't recommend or endorse something that was harmful to your body. However, I would like to know if anyone here has tried either or both of these products and has had success. Please let me know what your experience has been if you've tried them and if you have any recommendations. Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• Thorneapple
    Thorneapple Posts: 154
    Options
    The only thing I've tried is her whey protein powder. The vanilla is quite tasty and 10g of protein. I use it as a post-workout recovery drink.
  • marthamae813
    marthamae813 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I cave her choc protein. good stuff.
  • SherryGirl
    SherryGirl Posts: 40
    Options
    I love her too! bought her book and 30 day shred! Listen to her Pod casts... awesome! I have tried her triple Chocolate protein powder. I truly find it helps me keep my cal. intake up and my lean protein in check! Always learn something from her everyday!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Shes being sued for the allegedly dangerous ingredients in some of her products. Just because she is a "fitness pro" does not mean she gives a crap about people, shes out there to make money that is all.And this is not the first time she has been sued for her products

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/jillian-michaels-lawsuit-biggest-loser-star-sued-allegedly/story?id=11332300
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    Some of her diet pills/fat burner/cleanses have prompted law suits, so I would look into that. Protein powder is on thing, but when you put afat burner or the like in your body it can be dangerous. Almost every diet pill ever has created health problems. Proceed with care.
  • fredd500
    fredd500 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is a bit of a throw away comment, but remember, she will have been paid an awful lot of money to have her name on a product. Sometimes money can cloud ones judgement...

I'll be open and honest, I am not a fan of popping pills and don't believe there is any substitute to healthy eating and more exercise. Its early days for me, but thats the route I am planning on taking.

My only exposure to Jillian is through (America's) Biggest Loser and sure, she is a fitness expert but do you think she forces pills down the contestant's throats before beasting them half to death in the gym? Somehow I doubt it.

Do some research on the Internet, look for scientific papers for and against the active ingredient. Work out whether you can actually incorporate some of those ingredients through natural food stuffs and then decide whether popping the pill form is a) sustainable long term and b) cost effective.

HTH
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I used to imagine that Jillian Michaels wouldn't endorse anything unhealthy, but after seeing her name and face plastered on so many things - I'm just not so sure anymore. It doesn't seem like she's being very selective I guess. Just my opinion... You would think that she would be selective and not want to tarnish her reputation - but seeing her name on soooooo many things... - it just seems to me that it's more about money/recoginition than anything else. Again - just my opinion...

Also - I have a really really hard time believing that any respectable trainer would ever endorse something called "fat burner" or "Calorie Control" pill. I think those were the products I saw her endorse and lost all my respect for her. I mean - she's supposedly such a proponent of doing things the right way - with diet and exercise - healthy stuff - but yet she endorses those things? Also - I doubt they are "her" products - meaning she probably didn't develop them. And I wonder if she even bothers to take the time to investigate the product or company. Most likely, those companies came to her to ask for her to endorse them and in return I'm quite certain she is making a very hefty amount of money from them. I could be wrong though. Again - I just don't respect her very much anymore. Money money money money.....
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I like her workouts, but I'm not going to use her products [whey protein, fat burners, etc] because I like ON products much more, plus I am really not a fan of her. I think she does a great job putting a workout together [30 day shred, etc] but then again, I've never watched Biggest Loser so I don't know what she does there.
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I was interested in her products as well and curious to if they worked. I've tried so many pills in the past, that I've lost hope and believe the diet and exercise are the best in achieving your weight loss goals. Although, I've felt like I need a jump start too...I'd say we do some research to see what the side effects are and the ingredients used...if they would've been miracle pills...we would've already seen stories on their magical powers...I haven't as of yet...
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    As a fitness pro I trust her judgment and that she wouldn't recommend or endorse something that was harmful to your body

Uh... what?

Just as there are (insert job here) who rip people off, there are loads of celebrities who use their shall we say "powers" for evil.

Figure out your target caloric needs to lose a pound or two per week and eat to meet those needs. No more, no less. No need for pills, powders, or anything else.
  • korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hate to sound harsh but, a good diet, calorie deficit and good excersise is all you need. There is no easy way about it, you have to put the effort in.

I drag my *kitten* out of bed at 6am to go to the gym Monday to Friday and I'm loving it, no pills involved.

If there was a "magic" cure I think I would have heard of it.

The only cure is hard work!
  • binks2188
    binks2188 Posts: 5
    Options
    I realize that hard work, diet, dedication, etc is the best way to go and I am currently doing those things. I was just interested in knowing if anyone had tried them. I wanted to know if they were good, bad, useless etc. I am in no way looking for "an easy way out" as over the years I too have tried multiple diet pills...in fact I started taking diet pills at the age of 13 (I stole my sister's) so I happen to know a lot about different diet pills, their side effects, why one "should" or should not take them. I simply saw them at a store and was curious about them. Please stop responding with references to the idea that i'm looking for "easy" or "quick" as I am definitely one who enjoys eating foods that are good for me and sweating my face off at the gym. Thank you to those who simply stated their own opinion without reading into what they THOUGHT I was saying.
  • korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I realize that hard work, diet, dedication, etc is the best way to go and I am currently doing those things. I was just interested in knowing if anyone had tried them. I wanted to know if they were good, bad, useless etc. I am in no way looking for "an easy way out" as over the years I too have tried multiple diet pills...in fact I started taking diet pills at the age of 13 (I stole my sister's) so I happen to know a lot about different diet pills, their side effects, why one "should" or should not take them. I simply saw them at a store and was curious about them. Please stop responding with references to the idea that i'm looking for "easy" or "quick" as I am definitely one who enjoys eating foods that are good for me and sweating my face off at the gym. Thank you to those who simply stated their own opinion without reading into what they THOUGHT I was saying.

It wasn't a personal post to you at all, just my opinion towards diet pills in general.