Trying to loose 100 pounds by 12/31/2015

Options

Replies

• melissadav_
    melissadav_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 100lbs by Oct 17 - my 30th bday. Add me so we can do this together.
  • twintersremax
    Options
    I am fairly new here. I have around 60lbs to lose or more. Need all the help I can get. LOL
  • gemdiver
    gemdiver Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal too, adding you and anyone please feel free to add me also! Let's do this!
  • ehmadore
    ehmadore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Added! Also looking for motivation!
  • deneice12000
    deneice12000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. I have a 100 lb. goal that started Aug 1, 2014. I have lost 54 lbs. so far and feel great. Main thing is to do what you need to do for yourself and make sure that you ignore negative influences. Some of our closest friends and family don't always realize that they have a negative affect on us. After a while, we start to influence those around us to want to do better with their diet and daily activities.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I applaude your decision to lose weight but that is a very very high goal in less than 11 months unless you're extremely obese.

Most people would suggest a goal of 2lbs per week with 100 lbs to lose and that goal will drop the closer you get to your goal weight. You won't lose 2lbs every week esp when you get to having around 40lbs or less to lose.

I would suggest 50lbs, more realistic and you're less likely to get demotivated on bad weeks.

Good luck with your weightloss regardless of what you chose to do.
    ^^ This

The reason that I'm being a wet blanket is simply that I've seen, over and over, people become disappointed when their overly ambitious goals aren't reached. Then they drop out completely, feeling like failures. These goals generally have an arbitrary timeline.

Dreaming big is great, but taking a measured, sustainable approach is better. I've lost 100lbs. I have about 50 more that I'd like to lose. There are times where I've not lost any scale weight, but I've made big health and athletic gains. I think it's important to allow yourself those goal changes. Flexibility will get you far. If I had been rigid in my timeline, then I probably would have gotten depressed and bailed out long ago. It's taken me 2.5 years. In 2.5 years, I'm 100lbs. lighter than I would have otherwise been. Does it matter that it's taken me longer than I originally anticipated? Not especially. I've learned so much in those years.

So, yeah, set the goal if it helps you. But understand that sometimes stuff happens, and that it taking longer is not failure. If in a year you are lighter and in better shape than you are now, then you are winning.

• mrocka
    mrocka Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Me too! please add me to the group!
  • Mommyof4cositasbonitas
    Options
    OtterLuv i couldn't have said it better!! Thank you for your words!! You are an inspiration with your goals achieve and your determination.
  • dannylou81
    Options
    I am also trying to lose 100 pounds! My goal is my wedding October 9, 2015 which I know the 100 might not be possible but I'm gonna get as much as I can off! Down 17 this year so far! I would love to join this group! Send me a friend request anyone who would love some more motiviation and friends!
  • sheenanyann
    sheenanyann Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!!
  • patpaddyp
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds, but spread it out over 2 years. To prevent a yoyo affect I decided to look at it as a lifestyle change, and not as a diet. No food was taboo, but rather worked on portion control, and MODERATE exercise. When friends wanted to know how I lost it, I told them that I did it through walking and I never broke a sweat. 5 Years later and I have gained back only 20 pounds which I am working on now. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • jjskk
    jjskk Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to see all of the people onboard. I think we all realize that 100 is a big goal, but it is just that...a goal. When I started back up on MFP I decided that two pounds per week was a reasonable goal. Then it dawned on me that after a year, that would be around 100 pounds. With that being said, I would be happy to be 50 pounds lighter by Christmas.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Honestly, for some of us, just an awareness of our food is important, so we don't gain more weight.

I was dieting and just gave up, the "100 pound" goal seemed so endless and enormous. And gained another 40 pounds last year! That stopped me in my tracks when none of my clothes fit, even the "fat" ones!

Now, I realized, it is not a number or a destination, it is a journey. My goals are week to week now, did I exercise 5x, did I eat right 90% of the time? I am not giving up on the "diet", but not setting myself up for depression any more.

One day at a time.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • lmga25
    lmga25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im on my way too, please add me. 75 lbs more to go.
  • ayreka7
    ayreka7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too! I have about 80 more to go, but doing great so far. We got this!
  • Mommyof4cositasbonitas
    Options
    Yes!! I am sooo super excited and happy that we have one another to take this journey together. No matter where we are at on 12/31/15 we will be so much better than today....

i always tell my students lol

if people arent laughing at your goals they are not big enough :wink:

I have tried to ad everyone that responded but if I missed you PALLLEEESSE add me:)
  • clairebelle222
    clairebelle222 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    it took me 3 years of overating, self-loathing and just not giving a *kitten*, so i know its gonna take me time to get this weight off so i'm ready and patient...I think overall for me is making better choices and building habits for life...i went from 297 to 292 and now that i'm tracking my food i feel prepared to make better choices
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm down 13 for the year, with 90-100 to go! I have friend requested you Mommyof4. I lost 130lbs several years ago and through 2 pregnancies I gained back 100! Makes me mad to think of all that hard work that I have to do all over again! I did it once, I can do it again!
  • pooc33
    pooc33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Sending a friend request.