Tried everything else. Giving this a try.

Options
Hi. I have tried it all. South Beach, Slim Fast, Metabalife, etc. Tired of going it alone and failing. Hopefully will be able to network with others who struggle like I do!

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    You don't want to "diet" -- you want a lifestyle change. Start with smaller portions of the foods you're already eating and as you adjust to that then start replacing one not-as-healthy food (like ground beef) for a healthier alternative (ground turkey). Take it one day at a time. Don't get down on yourself if you slide a little -- we all do. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move forward. Focus on today -- not yesterday or tomorrow. :)
  • 812sara
    812sara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have also tried everything and gave up. I LOVE this site. I have never "met" so many motivating people.... I highly recommend adding as many friends as you can.... its such a boost to hear positive feedback! I am a great cheerleader please feel free to add me! Good luck with everything!
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    yes! instead of a chocolate bar, grab some dark chocolate semi sweet chips (DELICIOUS), measure out the serving size, melt it and eat it with strawberries or a banana :-) SUCH a delicious treat!

Also, Hawaiin Chicken Teriyaki Sandwiches?! only 300 - 370 calories (depending on sauces) and the yummiest thing on this planet!
    Grill a 4 oz chicken breast after brushing one tablespoon of Teriyaki sauce (1/2 tablespoon on each side)
    Grill one ring of pineapple
    Toast a sandwich thin (orowheat carries these)
    Put a tablespoon of teriayki sauce on the sandwich thin.
    and whatever veggies you please :)
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I have met more motivational people on this site in a few weeks than I have in a long time.
  • Ridestolive6969
    Options
    Find what WORKS for you!!!! To create a lifestyle change it must be sustabinable!!!!

Thats why diets dont work- make good changes and move your body and you will see results I promise!!!
  • 812sara
    812sara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have met more motivational people on this site in a few weeks than I have in a long time.
    Me too!!!!!!!!! Its amazing!
  • Maggie5050
    Maggie5050 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You will find alot of help and support here. Just take one day at a time and do not think of this as a diet. Small changes in your eating habits can make a big difference. If you feel like you need help, just ask for it. There are alot of people on this site that will keep yiou motivated. Do not set your goals high as you can alway change them as you go along.
  • LauriinSB
    LauriinSB Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just keep trying, don't give up, and if you stumble, dust yourself off and keep going! You can do it!!
  • bruceseverson
    Options
    Heather - My name is Bruce. I have lost 38 pounds so far, and I am halfway to my goal. I am not using any of those fancy, expensive diet plans. If you want to friend me, you can look at my food diary and see what I have been doing. I am in a weight loss challenge group with some folks from church and other friends, with 2 trainers. If you want, I can ask them if they would be willing to work out a fitness plan for you for toning or whatever level of fitness you are interested in. This web site helps a lot, but you will do better with support and a plan. Good luck! And I am here if you want to stay in touch.

Bruce

5255597.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter