I threw away Cheesecake!!!

Options

Replies

• usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    WayneBradt wrote: »
    Food milestone yesterday. Mid afternoon, about that time hunger starts. Quiet office, I walk in the kitchen and someone put out a whole cheesecake on the counter to share with everyone. My instinct, grab some and I did. Walked back to my office, began logging it in MFP. Right before I was about to eat it I stopped an threw it in the trash. I'm sure for some this sounds simple, for me this was huge. One, it's cheesecake, two I have difficulty wasting food (probably from growing up without much of it) and three it was cheesecake. Kinda proud of this moment.
    Proud of You! That is a great NSV!

• marlamay18
    marlamay18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you! If we're not eating it because it's not good for us. Why leave it for someone else, condoning their bad behavior? Don't listen to those that are fussing because you threw it out. I'm proud of you!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    marlamay18 wrote: »
    Good for you! If we're not eating it because it's not good for us. Why leave it for someone else, condoning their bad behavior? Don't listen to those that are fussing because you threw it out. I'm proud of you!

excuseme.gif

I don't need you, or anyone else, policing what I eat. Strong first post.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    You should have thrown it to the birds. Lol
  • marlamay18
    marlamay18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I disagree with most so far and think throwing it away was fine. But, I'm something of a germophobe and really wouldn’t want someone to return food once they've taken it. Besides, once you take it, it's yours to do with as you please.

I AGREE 100%!
  • KimF84
    KimF84 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU! That is a wonderful thing! Keep it up!
  • scookbey
    scookbey Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yea, you could have given it to someone else but it's over with. Good job with staying strong! I ate a small slice of plain cheesecake last night; although I didn't go over my calorie goal, I still felt pretty bad about it. I woke up this morning for my Friday weigh-in & lost half of a pound. If you didn't want it, you didn't want it.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    RJenxi wrote: »
    Let's chill
    This x1 million. It's a slice of cheesecake, people. Relax. Good for you for resisting!
  • AshC1023
    AshC1023 Posts: 109
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Cheesecake is awesome, and I agree with the poster for throwing it away. Not because it was a will power thing, but they touched it. As far as I'm concerned, it's contaminated (no offense) and it does not go back in the fridge or near untainted food items. That's dirty, so yes thank you so much for not putting it back and good job.
    I'm not one for "wasting" food either, but if it's already been touched, it's garbage. I don't eat after people except my husband either, and for the obvious reason that my husband and I share germs anyway.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    AshC1023 wrote: »
    Cheesecake is awesome, and I agree with the poster for throwing it away. Not because it was a will power thing, but they touched it. As far as I'm concerned, it's contaminated (no offense) and it does not go back in the fridge or near untainted food items. That's dirty, so yes thank you so much for not putting it back and good job.
    I'm not one for "wasting" food either, but if it's already been touched, it's garbage.

yes! i'd be kinda grossed out if i took cheesecake and then found out that someone else had already picked it up, taken it to their desk for a bit, and then decided to put it back. How do i know they weren't coughing or sneezing all over it in the meantime? Blah. No thanks.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    farberry wrote: »
    To everyone saying 'don't waste food!!' - eating food we don't need is also wasting food. It's just made into poo.
    Well done for beating cheesecake! Don't know if I could have!

That makes no sense. If we ate food that we didn't need - and it just turned into poo - nobody would be overweight.

When I was struggling with waste and throwing stuff away as a child, My mother told me that it is wasting food to eat it if it is more than your body needs.

I think she is right, because it becomes fat, which if excessive, is waste! And unhealthy.

Good for you OP that is a huge positive step in learning to do what is good for your body. Congratulations!!!!

• GameGirl777
    GameGirl777 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I hate cheesecake. cheese...cake.... a cake made of cheese... *gag*
    Thanks for throwing it out. Proud of you, OP.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Fitting cheesecake into my diet is bad behavior?

w8wut.gif
  • Harunan
    Harunan Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's such a thing as moderation and a normal weight person who eats healthily the majority of the time is hardly engaging in "bad behavior" by having a slice of cheesecake. As long as a treat fits into my macros and calorie goal I have no problem indulging. :)
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Not "wasting food" is likely something that some people have used as an excuse to over eat, as in, yes, I've already had a satisfying meal but its a "sin" to waste food so I'll just eat the rest of these mashed potatoes out of the pan because there is not enough left to save for another meal. Congrats on resisting the temptation to eat a plate of garbage.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    wj2ewy3jtv2n.jpg

you know... as poo.. cause that's totally legit.
  • Harunan
    Harunan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Not "wasting food" is likely something that some people have used as an excuse to over eat, as in, yes, I've already had a satisfying meal but its a "sin" to waste food so I'll just eat the rest of these mashed potatoes out of the pan because there is not enough left to save for another meal. Congrats on resisting the temptation to eat a plate of garbage.
    No one gives a crap if you abstain from eating it yourself. But throwing away food that a coworker was nice enough to bring in is pretty silly. Could have burned a few extra calories by returning to where the cake was and putting the slice back for someone else to enjoy. LOL
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

excuseme.gif

I don't need you, or anyone else, policing what I eat. Strong first post.

HOLA!!! did you even realize what you just did.

op: "fair enough. I don't need you, or anyone else, policing what I DON't eat. "

No, he threw away something someone else could have eaten. Had he just been like "Nope, I'm not going to do it" and walked away then kudos to him, but that's not what happened. And the person who replied seems to think that him throwing it away saved someone else from eating something that is "not good for us" which is total BS. Cheesecake is just fine for me thanks.
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    desert_mom wrote: »
    Well, hindsight is 20/20, right? He shouldn't have taken it in the first place. He shouldn't have thrown it away. He shouldn't have wasted food. He should have used his powers of divination to know that cheesecake was coming to the break room that very day, and he should have accounted for it in his calorie goal from the time he woke up that morning.

BUT, stuff doesn't always happen as it should, so. . . good job OP, for sticking to your goals in the moment it really mattered! I'm sure this isn't your new modus operandi, of secretly tossing all of your coworkers treats in your office trash can. ;)

Seriously, I have never seen so many sanctimonius judgments heaped on one stinking piece of cheesecake. If everyone on MFP is so righteous about what to eat, when to eat it, how to avoid temptation, what to do with tempatation, what the hell are they doing here?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!