Anyone Else having stall and gain issues?

Options
I am frustrated too, but I recently read about the woosh effect and perhaps that is what is going on with me too. My cloths are much looser, but my scales is retaliating and seeking revenge. If what I'm reading is correct, don't give up!

I read that stress from dieting, especially in women, can cause cortisol changes. As well, as the fat starts melting, your body can fill those cells up with water. It takes a little bit, but if you stay on track, you will start seeing massive drops on the scale; known as the whoosh effect. It appears that men tend to do this when they get into lean gross body building, whereas this is more common in women due to the delicate hormone competition and balance.

Initial dieting, like low carb and low caloric, will produce a large weight drop, then the body does nothing and many times it gains. The fluid retention is a way of saving itself from starvation, but it's short lived and when it finally releases, there is huge results.

I'm waiting this OUT! Drink unsweetened tea, water, lemon or lime water and make sure your getting enough calcium and magnesium. Calcium and magnesium should be equivalent. I have to believe this crazy discouraging phase will pass and there will be a HUGE reward.

Replies