I threw away Cheesecake!!!

Options

Replies

• PattiWalling
    PattiWalling Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good for YOU!!! that is a huge accomplishment and you should be so very proud of yourself. IMO those who are quibbling over a slice of cheesecake just don't truly understand the importance of what you did. Once you walked away with that plate (with full intention of eating it) it mattered to absolutely NO ONE if you ate the thing or put it in the garbage. You made a GREAT choice and I'm sure next time you stop even sooner! Congratulations on this NSV! (non-scale victory).
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    desert_mom wrote: »
    Well, hindsight is 20/20, right? He shouldn't have taken it in the first place. He shouldn't have thrown it away. He shouldn't have wasted food. He should have used his powers of divination to know that cheesecake was coming to the break room that very day, and he should have accounted for it in his calorie goal from the time he woke up that morning.

BUT, stuff doesn't always happen as it should, so. . . good job OP, for sticking to your goals in the moment it really mattered! I'm sure this isn't your new modus operandi, of secretly tossing all of your coworkers treats in your office trash can. ;)

Seriously, I have never seen so many sanctimonius judgments heaped on one stinking piece of cheesecake. If everyone on MFP is so righteous about what to eat, when to eat it, how to avoid temptation, what to do with tempatation, what the hell are they doing here?

There is a difference between turning down food, and taking food of your own volition, then throwing it away without touching it. I am flabbergasted at how many people here fail to grasp this.
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Harunan wrote: »
    Not "wasting food" is likely something that some people have used as an excuse to over eat, as in, yes, I've already had a satisfying meal but its a "sin" to waste food so I'll just eat the rest of these mashed potatoes out of the pan because there is not enough left to save for another meal. Congrats on resisting the temptation to eat a plate of garbage.
    No one gives a crap if you abstain from eating it yourself. But throwing away food that a coworker was nice enough to bring in is pretty silly. Could have burned a few extra calories by returning to where the cake was and putting the slice back for someone else to enjoy. LOL

This just in. World will stop spinning on its axis because someone threw away a piece of cheesecake that a co-worker brought to the office because maybe, possibly, someone else might have eaten it - or not.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    marlamay18 wrote: »
    Good for you! If we're not eating it because it's not good for us. Why leave it for someone else, condoning their bad behavior? Don't listen to those that are fussing because you threw it out. I'm proud of you!

How dare you police someone else's food choices? How dare you throw away food that someone else brought in for people to enjoy? How dare you decide that your narrow worldview of some-foods-are-the-debil is shared by others?

jow3ykdqkhta.gif
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    desert_mom wrote: »
    Well, hindsight is 20/20, right? He shouldn't have taken it in the first place. He shouldn't have thrown it away. He shouldn't have wasted food. He should have used his powers of divination to know that cheesecake was coming to the break room that very day, and he should have accounted for it in his calorie goal from the time he woke up that morning.

BUT, stuff doesn't always happen as it should, so. . . good job OP, for sticking to your goals in the moment it really mattered! I'm sure this isn't your new modus operandi, of secretly tossing all of your coworkers treats in your office trash can. ;)

Seriously, I have never seen so many sanctimonius judgments heaped on one stinking piece of cheesecake. If everyone on MFP is so righteous about what to eat, when to eat it, how to avoid temptation, what to do with tempatation, what the hell are they doing here?

There is a difference between turning down food, and taking food of your own volition, then throwing it away without touching it. I am flabbergasted at how many people here fail to grasp this.

oh have grasped the severity of of the crime just chosen not to be flabbergasted
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I believe in Abundance and that there is an infinite amount of cheesecake in the Universe. I'm also reminded of the Law of Conservation of Cheesecake which states that cheesecake cannot be created or destroyed. For these reasons, and because I have no attachment to Material Things I'm not concerned with someone moving some cheesecake from one place to another, different place.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I believe in Abundance and that there is an infinite amount of cheesecake in the Universe. I'm also reminded of the Law of Conservation of Cheesecake which states that cheesecake cannot be created or destroyed. For these reasons, and because I have no attachment to Material Things I'm not concerned with someone moving some cheesecake from one place to another, different place.

Fine, you eat the cheesecake out of the trash.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    tigerblue wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    farberry wrote: »
    To everyone saying 'don't waste food!!' - eating food we don't need is also wasting food. It's just made into poo.
    Well done for beating cheesecake! Don't know if I could have!

That makes no sense. If we ate food that we didn't need - and it just turned into poo - nobody would be overweight.

When I was struggling with waste and throwing stuff away as a child, My mother told me that it is wasting food to eat it if it is more than your body needs.

I think she is right, because it becomes fat, which if excessive, is waste! And unhealthy.

Good for you OP that is a huge positive step in learning to do what is good for your body. Congratulations!!!!

Had she said that, sure. But that's not what she said. And she is utterly incorrect with what she said. Agree all you want with her - she's still spouting nonsense.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »

Fine, you eat the cheesecake out of the trash.

Perhaps I would if I were hungry, after all, "one man's trash..." as the saying goes. But I am at peace with the cheesecake finding its Destiny and Purpose without my interference.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    marlamay18 wrote: »
    Good for you! If we're not eating it because it's not good for us. Why leave it for someone else, condoning their bad behavior? Don't listen to those that are fussing because you threw it out. I'm proud of you!

so throwing away foods that you view as "bad" is ok????

wow...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Not "wasting food" is likely something that some people have used as an excuse to over eat, as in, yes, I've already had a satisfying meal but its a "sin" to waste food so I'll just eat the rest of these mashed potatoes out of the pan because there is not enough left to save for another meal. Congrats on resisting the temptation to eat a plate of garbage.

why not just put the leftovers in the fridge and have them the next night..???????????
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Wait...cheesecake is garbage? I thought it was just thrown in the garbage?

Pretty sure I've never actually eaten garbage, but have eaten cheesecake so I'm pretty sure cheesecake (in general of course) isn't garbage.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hey RGv2, keep that tank top handy. im gonna wanna borrow it in 6-8 months.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    MisterZ33 wrote: »

Um......OK?

It's probably in the bottom of my hockey bag if you really want it.
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    besides the fact that throwing away food sets one up for a bad relationship with food and indicates slightly disordered thinking...but other then that, OP should be good to go ...

i think the op should have pre logged it first and then thought about it, but could it not also just show abit of control. save the calories for something else later?

control would be leaving it in the fridge, not eating it, and saving it for a day when OP wanted it.

throwing away perfectly good cheesecake because it is viewed as "bad" is, in my opinion, semi disordered eating.

Jeeezzzz :smiley: its cheesecake....he did not kill a cat:wink:
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options

awkward.gif
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    farberry wrote: »
    To everyone saying 'don't waste food!!' - eating food we don't need is also wasting food. It's just made into poo.
    Well done for beating cheesecake! Don't know if I could have!

RLOL!!!!!!!!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ttcbelieve wrote: »
    besides the fact that throwing away food sets one up for a bad relationship with food and indicates slightly disordered thinking...but other then that, OP should be good to go ...

i think the op should have pre logged it first and then thought about it, but could it not also just show abit of control. save the calories for something else later?

control would be leaving it in the fridge, not eating it, and saving it for a day when OP wanted it.

throwing away perfectly good cheesecake because it is viewed as "bad" is, in my opinion, semi disordered eating.

Jeeezzzz :smiley: its cheesecake....he did not kill a cat:wink:

so throwing away perfectly good food is not indicative of a eating disorder???

• ndj1979
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

Um......OK?

It's probably in the bottom of my hockey bag if you really want it.

sounds like you got an admirer
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!