Looking forward to reaching my goal (for once)!

Options
New here and found out about this site from one of my aerobic instructors. So far I really like it, and have been logging in my foods and exercises. I quit Weight Watchers last week due to the expense and just not plumb following the plan (although I did follow it a few years ago and lost 30 lbs) but gained 10 back. I feel less pressure being on MFP as appose to WW, so maybe this is the ticket! The 'free' part takes the pressure off of course, haha. Wish me luck since I'm not good at finishing what I start, and good luck to you all, too! :smiley:

Replies

• mummyof2boys2girls
    Options
    Hey! You'll do great if you think positive! This is my 6th week on my diet and exercise :) Can I please ask...... what do u do on weight watchers and what do u eat etc? How do they work out how many points u can eat? Thanks in advance! Xx
  • cindygaily
    cindygaily Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry am just now logging back on to fitness pal. Thanks for your encouragement, and good for you for sticking with it for 6 weeks! On Weight Watchers they give you 26 points to eat every day, and since fruits and vegs (except starchy vegs like peas, corn, potatoes) are 'free' of points, it helped me to eat more of them. I attended weekly meetings, but what helped me the most was tracking what I ate (they give you weekly paper journals/trackers at meetings or can track online but only if you're a member) and deducted my points from the 26 starting points every day. The tracking is really what helped, but I was starving the first week. In the a.m. I would either eat a yogurt, or an egg with 1 pc of toast, fruit, ot low sugar cereal with skim milk...for lunch I would eat either a 1/2 sandwich and soup or salad (I never eat the same thing day to day), dinner would eat either 1 pc pizza (only once a week) or chicken with potato and a veg, or salmon or whatever. My downfall is I pick a lot and would count the points, including choc which would use lots of pts so that's not a good idea to eat trigger foods. Popcorn helped a lot too, since you get the volume for low points. You can look around on their site at www.weightwatchers.com for more info. Hope this helps! :smile: