Insanity: Max 30 - What exercise?

Options
I've started Insanity: Max 30 (great program, definitely try it) and I was wondering, what do you all put down for the 'type' of exercise when logging it? I first put "aerobics: high impact" but when I read into the calorie burn, it's supposedly a lot higher than 200 or so calories. Ideas?

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Usually circuit training, calisthenics, or aerobics, depending on the workout. 200 for a 30 minute workout is probably ballpark accurate.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I wear a HR monitor and created my own exercise for my Max 30 workouts. I found that MFP was overestimating my calories by as much as 100.
  • alyssalaurenniem
    Options
    I've been using "Zumba" for 30 minutes in the meantime, unfortunately I don't have a heart monitor (any suggestions for a good one?). I figure the amount of exertion is similar. I figure it's all estimations anyway because everyone burns calories differently.
  • sjgft
    sjgft Posts: 1
    Options
    Insanity Max:30 Calories Burned

Cardio Challenge

Workout Time: 27 minutes
    Calories Burned: 405

Tabata Power

Calories Burned: 393

Sweat Intervals

Tabata Strength

Friday Fight (Round 1)

Workout Time: 29 minutes
    Calories Burned: 435

Max Out Cardio

Workout Time: 28 minutes
    Calories Burned: 420

Max Out Power

Max Out Sweat

Max Out Strength

Friday Fight (Round 2)

I found this online, it's what I've been going by
  • azrrt76
    azrrt76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I wore my HRM today for Sweat Intervals. I am 38 years old, 155 pounds and my heart rate pretty much stayed in the 160s which is high for me. I burned 330 in 33 minutes. This is my 4th week so I do have achieved a decent amount of cardio conditioning.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It is really hard to say, because so much will depend on how many breaks, how much effort, and so on. HRM is a good measure, or you could go with aerobics high impact or circuit training for a ballpark
  • alyssalaurenniem
    Options
    Thank you all! And @sjgft, I saw the same article! I won't lie, I was shocked by those numbers and didn't think I was burning that much haha. I go pretty hard but definitely have to take brief rests (I'm only on week 2).
    @earthsember, I've been using Zumba actually but I'll check the caloric output for those as well. I'm usually have a little wiggle room with calories anyway because I stay closer to 1,300 than 1,440 so if I'm burning a little less than it's calculating, I'm fine.
  • diannetrim
    diannetrim Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    sjgft wrote: »

Cardio Challenge

Tabata Power

Sweat Intervals

Tabata Strength

Friday Fight (Round 1)

Max Out Cardio

Max Out Power

Max Out Sweat

Max Out Strength

Friday Fight (Round 2)

I'd becareful with going by this.

Ive been doing insanity max for almost 3 months now and never once did I get those numbers and I wear a HRM, and thats the closest thing you can get to accurate. And I don't do half assed workouts, so I am not being lazy. I burn anywhere from 200 to MAYBE 300 calories per workout on insanity max 30. I've heard the more you weigh the more calories you will burn, and the fitter you are the less you will burn. Not sure how true that is, but seems accurate from what I've experienced.
  • aldeezel
    aldeezel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    diannetrim wrote: »
    sjgft wrote: »

Cardio Challenge

Tabata Power

Sweat Intervals

Tabata Strength

Friday Fight (Round 1)

Max Out Cardio

Max Out Power

Max Out Sweat

Max Out Strength

Friday Fight (Round 2)

I'd becareful with going by this.

Ive been doing insanity max for almost 3 months now and never once did I get those numbers and I wear a HRM, and thats the closest thing you can get to accurate. And I don't do half assed workouts, so I am not being lazy. I burn anywhere from 200 to MAYBE 300 calories per workout on insanity max 30. I've heard the more you weigh the more calories you will burn, and the fitter you are the less you will burn. Not sure how true that is, but seems accurate from what I've experienced.

diannetrim is not wrong. These numbers are for a man. I would take anywhere from 100-150 off for a woman. I've (a 50 yr old male) been doing these everyday with my family for the past few months now and I am close to those numbers, my wife is about 130ish lower, my daughter about 100 lower and my son about 25 to 50 higher most of the time. Those numbers are based on an average of 70 to 80 percent of max heart rate. We all have monitors. Bottom line: Insanity Max 30 is a super efficient workout. Even if you do the whole thing modified, it's super challenging. Hope this was helpful.