What to eat on a rest day.

Options
Hey all,
I am currently at 237 pounds. I have been doing HIIT training and weights for the last 5 days and today my body is saying no so I'm taking a rest day. I just wanted to know if I should adjust my calories for today since I'm not workout

Replies

• jasoncollins79
    jasoncollins79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Eat the same macros until you either stop losing weight or gaining weight depending on your goals.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    You still need protein and will need to restore your glycogen stores. Try keeping your calories and macros constant (as Jasoncollins79) recommended, and tweak based on your results.

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Maybe tell us a bit about the calorie amounts you're eating so we can provide a better answer?
  • aleale694
    Options
    Full proteín food tuna fish forma example and a little bit of simple carbo for ur body recup the rest its a secret of the good tranning
  • zuzuanne88
    zuzuanne88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I consume between 1300 and 1400 calories daily.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    zuzuanne88 wrote: »

I would be bedridden if I limited myself to 1300 - 1400 calories per day. Each of us has different energy and nutrient requirements.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    zuzuanne88 wrote: »

that seems quite low for a person of your size that's working out 5 days per week. may i ask how you arrived at that number?