Gastric bypass patient weight gain issues

Options
Hi my name is Sheila. I had weight loss surgery 2 years ago. I have recently started gaining weight back. Looking for others who struggle with the same or have advice how to stop this cycle. Want to have a support group

Replies

• auntiedrea
    auntiedrea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am looking into having the surgery and I am wanting to increase my support network. I would love some insight on what it was like for you. What type of support are you looking for? I would like to help if I can.
  • debbieschaub
    Options
    Hi I'm Debbie ! I also had gastric bypass ! Best thing I ever did lost 150lbs but starting to gain some back! So I need to get back on track! Don't want to end up where I was ! So I'm starting counting calories again !
  • maraboricua
    Options
    Hi all! I also had gastric bypass in 2007. I lost 100lbs and hit goal weight. Have kept most of it off except that lately, I gained 15lbs. I am not happy about these extra pounds and am afraid that I continue to gain. I am on Lyrica for my fibromyalgia and a side effect is weight gain. I am trying to take control before I get too far away from this. I need a support group from gastric bypass patients who have also had the surgery years ago and are struggling.

I am currently counting calories and protein (keeping under 1000 calories and over 60 grams of protein per day) and also walking with my Fitbit - 5 miles per day or more.

Would love to stay connected and support each other.

I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
    :D