cleanses

Options
I was just seeing if anyone had any good. Cleanses. They use to help jump start their.weight loss

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I like suave coconut scrub. It smells so good! It hasn't helped me lose weight though.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You could just eat less and exercise more. The body will cleanse itself.
  • dogbydog123
    dogbydog123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Drinking plenty of water daily is a healthy approach.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I cleanse at least once a day. Having a functioning digestive track, and kidneys/a liver help me cleanse a whole lot more as well.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I cleanse at least once a day. Having a functioning digestive track, and kidneys/a liver help me cleanse a whole lot more as well.

Heyyooo. This.

You have a natural system in your body that will cleanse and detoxify itself. Unless you're a drug addict, you don't need to cleanse or detox.

Also, judging by the countless "What Cleanse Do You Recommend", the MFP community doesn't look too highly on cleanses. There are a ton of wonderful people who will be able to provide more of the science-y-stuff than I have up my sleeve.

If you're looking to jump start weight loss, in my opinion, nothing works better than having a well executed plan. Purchase a food scale (it doesn't have to be expensive), learn as much as you can about nutrition, read "The Guide to Sexypants" here on the forums, measure and log everything you put into your mouth (Baaaaaazinga!), be consistent, get active, and go easy on yourself from time to time.

Great changes won't happen overnight. It's a wonderful journey and if you stick with your plan, you will see progress. Good luck, OP!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Psyllium husk gives my poop a little extra oomph, and it was recommended to me by my GI and my surgeon. Its seems to help with clearin' the pipe out nicely. I like Charmin moist wipes as well... nice fresh scent to add to the feeling of clean. :mrgreen:
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    detox does NOT equal smarts.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    You'll receive a lot of snarky responses to this question, but please forgive the frivolity. We're just having fun. The fact is that cleanses are at best unnecessary, and at worst dangerous. Please do some research before you decide to go ahead. The link posted above is a good place to start.

Meanwhile, this is my cleanser of choice:

SM_A_00037000424314_Z1C1_US.png?v=1-201407080549